Tre'Quan Smith (In Surgery)🙏 (1 Viewer)

That dude is an undercover baller! I hope the coaching staff stays patient w/him, cause he’s flashed some legit gamebreaking talent when given the opportunity.

If Tre’Quan could just stay healthy, i think he’d be a legit WR2 opposite Mike-T. If he can get over all those injuries, i think he can be a big part of the offense. I know there’s a lot of “ifs”, but if he can stay on the field next season, i foresee Tre’Quan having a similar break out year as Trey H, but on offense.

BLESSING, Tre’Quan! & a speedy recovery as well!

If Tre’Quan could just stay healthy, i think he’d be a legit WR2 opposite Mike-T. If he can get over all those injuries, i think he can be a big part of the offense. I know there’s a lot of “ifs”, but if he can stay on the field next season, i foresee Tre’Quan having a similar break out year as Trey H, but on offense.

While I think Trequan can definitely provide more play-making than he has so far, I find his career statistics eerily reminiscent of other Saints WRs that NO ONE ever claimed would be a big part of the offense. Career-wise, after 3 seasons: 48 games, 14 starts, 124 targets, 79 receptions, 1099 yards, 8 touchdowns, 8.9 yards per target.

Oops! Those were Brandon Coleman ;) These are actually Trequan's, after 3 seasons: 40 games, 23 starts, 119 targets, 80 receptions, 1109 yards, 14 touchdowns, 9.3 yards per target. I'm just goofing around here mainly, but I think the fact is that Trequan is what he already has shown to be: an excellent blocker who probably won't get more looks than he already has. His blocking is bread ticket, like Coleman's was for him. While TQS stats may be diminished by that 8 game difference, it is pretty neat how very close they are statistically ... which might just go a way to showing he fills a pretty specific role. While we might see some statistical improvement from him in 2021, I tend to think he is simply filling a historical trend.

(And yes, I am the last of the Brandon Coleman stans) (It is my lonely hill to die on) :ROFLMAO:

Despite what some may think, it seems like a lot of players were willing to stick it out for Drew's last run.

Which makes me wonder what Drew would say if they all asked him for one more year. I imagine it would be tough knowing that they went through what he went through..slall for Drew

At the end we had our playmakers on the field but they were all too limited. Our offense was maybe fifty percent full strength against the Bucs. That's a recipe for getting bounced out of the playoffs. Injuries killed our chances this season

The fact that Brees has given TQS several shout outs and trusted him with several big plays, the yardage and Touchdown record receptions (which was overturned by a bogus penalty) speaks alot I believe he tied the TD record earlier on the game

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom