Tre'Quan Smith (In Surgery)🙏 (1 Viewer)

No wonder he looked funny running that TD from Winston in....he seemed off on that play. He seemed hurt. These dudes are warriors...MT13, Tre, Brees....

we were injured everywhere and still won 12 games and 1 playoff game. Thank you so much 2020 New Orleans Saints.

Iam more and more convinced that not the best but the healthiest team wins the SB

So dont blame Coaches or Players

Cause we got Ochsner doctors 🤣 man we are forked
This is true. Sometimes, the best team just doesn't win it all. We put our best guys out there and they were only 50% at the best. It sucks to find all this out after the season but it's been this way for two years in a row. Last year it was AK, now this year it was Brees, Thomas, TQS, all the stingers and so on

Bra
While I think Trequan can definitely provide more play-making than he has so far, I find his career statistics eerily reminiscent of other Saints WRs that NO ONE ever claimed would be a big part of the offense. Career-wise, after 3 seasons: 48 games, 14 starts, 124 targets, 79 receptions, 1099 yards, 8 touchdowns, 8.9 yards per target.

Oops! Those were Brandon Coleman ;) These are actually Trequan's, after 3 seasons: 40 games, 23 starts, 119 targets, 80 receptions, 1109 yards, 14 touchdowns, 9.3 yards per target. I'm just goofing around here mainly, but I think the fact is that Trequan is what he already has shown to be: an excellent blocker who probably won't get more looks than he already has. His blocking is bread ticket, like Coleman's was for him. While TQS stats may be diminished by that 8 game difference, it is pretty neat how very close they are statistically ... which might just go a way to showing he fills a pretty specific role. While we might see some statistical improvement from him in 2021, I tend to think he is simply filling a historical trend.

(And yes, I am the last of the Brandon Coleman stans) (It is my lonely hill to die on) :ROFLMAO:
ndon Coleman had Drew when he was slinging 40-50 yard catches downfield .

Trequan got Brees when he was slinging 10-15 yards downfield.
I’m high on Trequan unlike a lot of others who seem to just realize it’s Brees and Sean has had to downplay the play book.
People say screens don’t work anymore for us or Receivers don’t get open ? Has anyone ever realized it’s maybe because the entire defense is within 15 yards of the LOS knowing Brees won’t dare throw it Deep we’re not even running Deep Routes.
Sean Payton deserves Coach of the year and a Oscar for the offenses he has been able to put together over the past 2 1/2 seasons.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom