Trevor Noah to Leave The Daily Show (1 Viewer)

El Caliente

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
70002 via 92243 via 48109 via 92122 via 70119

I’m not sure how 7 years has passed so quickly.

I’m probably in the minority on this, but I enjoy his standup more than his being the face of The Daily Show. He never seemed authentic on TDS. But his standup was amazing.

I hope that they bring back Craig Kilborn.

I hope that they bring back Craig Kilborn.
My first reaction would be to wonder if they give it to Klepper.

I would not have guessed 7 years either. His official announcement:

Edit: oops, didn’t catch your initial post had the video embedded in the link

I assume you’re joking- that’s like saying Drew Brees wasn’t able to fill Aaron brooks’ shoes
I assume you are joking, that’s like saying you prefer Jim Carey’s Andy Kaufman impersonation to the actual Andy Kaufman.

Different strokes I suppose.

I assume you are joking, that’s like saying you prefer Jim Carey’s Andy Kaufman impersonation to the actual Andy Kaufman.

Yes- mine is the stroke that feels enjoyable and yours is the kind that makes the edge of one’s mouth pouty🥁🚑

So you're saying that Craig Kilborn, who hosted TDS for all of two years (that's 5 less than even Trevor), was better than Jon, who hosted for 16?

Objectively wrong.

I have enjoyed Trevor's run on TDS. No he was not Jon Stewart, no one is. But he had a unique brand of humor that I personally enjoyed.
I especially enjoyed a different viewpoint that he brought to american TV. One of the few minority mainstream TV hosts and as a foreign black man did a good job of calling Americans on some of their B.S. and backwards thinking. I might be in the minority but thought the run when he was at home during the pandemic was actually the best part of his TDS run. It was very different and unique from the usual talk show setup. I say job well done Trevor!!

Now I would like to see maybe Klepper take over, but he is VERY snarky and might not fit what they a looking for. Maybe a female host would be a refreshing change as well.

I have enjoyed Trevor's run on TDS. No he was not Jon Stewart, no one is. But he had a unique brand of humor that I personally enjoyed.
I especially enjoyed a different viewpoint that he brought to american TV. One of the few minority mainstream TV hosts and as a foreign black man did a good job of calling Americans on some of their B.S. and backwards thinking. I might be in the minority but thought the run when he was at home during the pandemic was actually the best part of his TDS run. It was very different and unique from the usual talk show setup. I say job well done Trevor!!

Now I would like to see maybe Klepper take over, but he is VERY snarky and might not fit what they a looking for. Maybe a female host would be a refreshing change as well.
Amber Ruffin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom