Trevor Penning, where y’at? (1 Viewer)

We were trying to fool them by using the jumbo package and putting 3rd string WRs on the field.

Only people the coaches fooled were themselves.
A million times THIS! I watched that sack and the first thing I said was "Who was he going to throw to on that play???" DUMB play call! Coaching lost that game!
And they changed the defense on that first TB TD drive. What happened to Dennis Allen's mantra of "keep doing what you're doing"?

This isn’t on Trevor Penning, but the thing that got me about that final sack was that Penning was in for that play. We ran a jumbo package on that play (meaning we had our basic 5 linemen, an extra lineman (Penning), and a tight end). That and still we gave up the sack on that play.

I’m not blaming that sack on Penning, but it’s just an odd thing to me.

Earlier in the game Penning was the guilty party when we had 12 men on the field. Later in the game (maybe the 3rd or 4th qtr) you had Andy Dalton yelling at Penning to get off the field.

I guess my point is, what are we getting out of this guy?

He’s a rookie on his second regular season game. He made good plays tonight he made some bad ones, I’m not sure he should be the one called out.

That play had nothing to do with blocking. It was a play action out of a formation that they had ran the ball many times during the game. They thought they could fool the bucs but they didn't... it was a 3-man route and all routes were covered.

Sometimes you just have to give credit to the defense there was nowhere for Dalton to go with the ball.

Looked like 82, Trautman ? whiffed on a block or was suppose to run a route on the right side ?

The 6OL set is a waste, we got 16 yards rushing on 8 attempts last night. Hard to fool the defense with a pass out of a jumbo package when the jumbo package isn’t producing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom