Trevor Penning (1 Viewer)

He got owned by those inside moves last night, even by 3rd string DEs. It’s hard to tell on the broadcast but I didn’t see all that nasty we’ve been hearing about.

Eager to hear more analysis on his performance from the board.
I disagree on the nasty. His run blocking continued way down field.

His pass blocking left a lot to be desired and shows what most said. He’s a project with an unbelievably high ceiling.

I disagree on the nasty. His run blocking continued way down field.

His pass blocking left a lot to be desired and shows what most said. He’s a project with an unbelievably high ceiling.
Yeah heI run blocked pretty well. Pass pro was rough for a stretch

I would like to see what he could do with the rest of the starting O line.

I'm not really concerned because, while it was a bit of a reach, he's got an unbelievable ceiling and once it clicks, he could be a mainstay at that position for a decade or more.

From what little I could see on the broadcast footage, I think there was a lot more good in his pass blocking (especially seeing as he was taking his literal first NFL snaps) than many are saying. Was it perfect? Not at all, but I think people are making way too much of it. Not every rookie is Kamara or Lattimore. Just look at Olave, 1 meaningless catch. But I don't see anyone calling him a bust.

I didn't really zone on him. Was it all pass rush moves or just the inside Spin?

I mean if one guy wins on it and tells everyone else about it and they just keep beating him with that one move, then that's what practice is for.

He got owned by those inside moves last night, even by 3rd string DEs. It’s hard to tell on the broadcast but I didn’t see all that nasty we’ve been hearing about.

I haven’t seen the game yet. I have to wait until the 4am broadcast tomorrow at the NFLNetwork.

What I can say as an old timer is that Terron Armstead rode the bench for a while before getting the starter job.

Even Roaf had a hard beginning. It takes time.

Penning is trading against hard competition. And ha has good coaches. It will be a matter of time until he becomes dependable. What we can’t say is how long is going for him to get there.

Possible first game jitters?

There’s a reason he’s 2nd string and has to earn a starting spot. He clearly has to adjust to NFL talent. That was only his 1st preseason game. He has 2 more. And now he has film to look at. That said, I’m not worried about it. Hurst did fine. Let the two battle it out and see if Penning can actuall6 beat him out.

From what little I could see on the broadcast footage, I think there was a lot more good in his pass blocking (especially seeing as he was taking his literal first NFL snaps) than many are saying. Was it perfect? Not at all, but I think people are making way too much of it. Not every rookie is Kamara or Lattimore. Just look at Olave, 1 meaningless catch. But I don't see anyone calling him a bust.
Olave played his college career for one of the top 3/5 historic football factories. That may have a little to do with it. Do THEY bust? Yes. But much less margin for error for directional school products.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom