Trey Edmunds getting snaps at fullback gives Deon Yelder a better chance at making the roster (1 Viewer)

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
I’m glad Trey Edmunds is getting snaps at fullback cause that will make Hooman even more expendable. Before he was taking snaps there Hooman was really our only backup to Zach Line at fullback. It also gives Edmunds an edge to make the roster at running back since he can also play some fullback if needed.

I’m hoping Deon Yelder makes the plays and understands the offense enough to make this team. I’m hoping he could possibly be the future at that position. With him getting the signing bonus he got for an UDFA, one would think he certainly has a good chance to make this roster. They must of seen something they liked in him, but not enough to draft him. Ben Watson had some good things to say about him the other day on WWL. I rather not keep 4 TEs and think Watson & Hill are locks for the 53 man. But with Hooman’s blocking ability maybe he is as well and we keep 4 TEs. It will be tough to let one of the receivers go to make room for a 4th TE.

Dan Arnold might be the guy over Yelder with the way he has performed thus far in camp though. But I see him more as a receiver only where Yelder can block pretty good

I’m not so sure Hill is a lock. He certainly has a leg up on Arnold and Yelder. But, he has been inconsistent in the past. There’s enough questions there to give those younger guys hope.

I'm a little underwhelmed with Yelder so far. He's not blessed with remarkable speed, explosiveness, height, catch radius, or anything to scare defenses. He does seem to be a good person and a good football player, but Ben and Josh already have that covered. Meanwhile, I long for 1 of those monster 6-6 TE's that got away in the last 2 drafts. I'm keeping an eye on Yelder, and will give him his due. I hope he's more than I think.

I hope Yelder blows it up at camp and we have our future TE.

But I don't think your logic holds up.

I’m not so sure Hill is a lock. He certainly has a leg up on Arnold and Yelder. But, he has been inconsistent in the past. There’s enough questions there to give those younger guys hope.
Not seeing that at all.

Especially after what we saw with Hill against both Carolina and Minnesota in the playoffs when we had to ride with him.

And he's an outstanding blocker, and with Hooman in question, Hill just became an absolute lock.

Not seeing that at all.

Especially after what we saw with Hill against Minnesota in the playoff game.

And he's an outstanding blocker, and with Hooman in question, Hill just became an absolute lock.
I don’t think that hurt his chances at all. But he was inconsistent earlier in the year. I’m not saying I don’t believe he makes the roster. I’m pretty sure he does. But I still believe there’s an outside chance he doesn’t, IF more than one of these younger guys steps up big.

I’m excited to hear that Edmunds is working some at FB! This is a nice development! I was hoping they’d give him a look there last year before we got Line.

He has the size for it, and if he can develop as a lead-blocker, he has the athleticism to be the type of FB that defenses have to account for.

He is a little weak in the lower body. I think they are trying to mold him into a h back type player. Last year he flashed some receiving ability in pre season espically a 20 yard pass where he high pointed a ball

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom