Article Trey Hendrickson and Devaroe Lawrence showcase Saints DL depth against Cardinals [Film Study] (1 Viewer)

RevDeuceWindham

Player Evaluator/Analyst for The Athletic
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
While not everything in the game went the Saints way against the Cardinals (looking at you, QBs) the defensive line depth continues to be a strength on the team and will lead to some interesting decisions for the staff once the time comes to make the cut down to 53. This film study takes a look at the defensive line from the 2nd preseason game and who is looking good, and what they need to work on.

Trey Hendrickson and Devaroe Lawrence showcase Saints DL depth against Cardinals [Film Study]

I saw both of those guys getting it done. Lawrence flashes and makes big plays and Hendrickson was consistently doing a good job. if Okafor can't play I feel pretty good about Hendrickson getting a good chunk of those snaps.

Great article Deuce! I`m guessing Jayrone Elliot didn´t do much, since you did´t mention him.

Good stuff Rev. Curious, did you see anything from Woodrow Hanilton? He's the exact same size and shape as Bromley, so I'm assuming hes in the potential one tech group, which is what we kept last season to go with our 3 starters.

Have to agree that Lawrence appears to be in the lead for the 4th and last DT spot. His story, which you added a link to is one to read... I'm pulling for him.

At De, would you say that Loewen and Muhammad are in a direct battle for the last remaining DE job? With maybe George Johnson in the mix as well?

Rev, as always a great and insightful article with the video to support your observations. I always look for your posts as they are objective, obviously knowledgeable and understandable by the lay fan like me. Thanks much.

Again, a great breakdown and technically sound write-up. Only recently, have I become more involved in discussions-I've been lurking for years and "Rev", as they say, delivers once again

Woah Hendrickson was a beast on some snaps.
I noticed 2 separate snaps specifically where he was the first lineman to move post snap (from both teams). It was really much much quicker than the other guys.

Good stuff Rev. Curious, did you see anything from Woodrow Hanilton? He's the exact same size and shape as Bromley, so I'm assuming hes in the potential one tech group, which is what we kept last season to go with our 3 starters.

Have to agree that Lawrence appears to be in the lead for the 4th and last DT spot. His story, which you added a link to is one to read... I'm pulling for him.

At De, would you say that Loewen and Muhammad are in a direct battle for the last remaining DE job? With maybe George Johnson in the mix as well?

I'm not sure there is a remaining DE spot. If they keep 4 DEs and 4 DTs that's 8 guys. If they keep a 9th, Johnson, Muhammad and Loewen are all next on the list

Rev, as always a great and insightful article with the video to support your observations. I always look for your posts as they are objective, obviously knowledgeable and understandable by the lay fan like me. Thanks much.

Glad you enjoy them Joe! Who Dat!

Again, a great breakdown and technically sound write-up. Only recently, have I become more involved in discussions-I've been lurking for years and "Rev", as they say, delivers once again

Thanks JuJu!

Woah Hendrickson was a beast on some snaps.
I noticed 2 separate snaps specifically where he was the first lineman to move post snap (from both teams). It was really much much quicker than the other guys.

On those snaps you're likely seeing him guessing the snap count, which seemed to be a focus for him last night.

While not everything in the game went the Saints way against the Cardinals (looking at you, QBs) the defensive line depth continues to be a strength on the team and will lead to some interesting decisions for the staff once the time comes to make the cut down to 53. This film study takes a look at the defensive line from the 2nd preseason game and who is looking good, and what they need to work on.

Trey Hendrickson and Devaroe Lawrence showcase Saints DL depth against Cardinals [Film Study]
Expecting a vid in your YT channel on this shortly. Sorry Deuce, you have spoiled me. ?

Edit: I'm lookin' silly now. I should've clicked the link 1st.:covri: Great write up! His comparison to Brian Robison (in the comments) is spot on!

Last edited:
Expecting a vid in your YT channel on this shortly. Sorry Deuce, you have spoiled me. ?

Edit: I'm lookin' silly now. I should've clicked the link 1st.:covri: Great write up! His comparison to Brian Robison (in the comments) is spot on!

LoL glad you enjoyed it CT. Doing more written articles, as well as videos, at the request of my followers.

Nice article. As always, an excellent analysis.

Thanks for sharing with us. I'm so excited Hendrickson is showing this much improvement already.

I'm with Rev on this one. Jordan, Okafor, Davenport, & Hendrickson are the DE's while Rankins, Onyemata, Davison, and Lawrence are pretty solidified at DT.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but all of the sudden there is a MASSIVE amount of talent on the Saints Dline.

I'm with Rev on this one. Jordan, Okafor, Davenport, & Hendrickson are the DE's while Rankins, Onyemata, Davison, and Lawrence are pretty solidified at DT.

I don't know if anyone has noticed, but all of the sudden there is a MASSIVE amount of talent on the Saints Dline.

I agree. This may be hard to follow, but the Saints are going to cut 3-4 guys who are better than our 3rd or 4th guys from 3-4 years ago.

That means the Saints will be cutting some pretty decent D-linemen. I don't know how you can stash Loewen, Bromley and AQM, but I think all three have legit NFL talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom