Trey Hendrickson Compares Brees & Burrow (1 Viewer)

Hindsight is 20/20 but....
Probably should have kept TRex and let Jordan go.
I can't believe I just wrote that
At this point, Jordan is like that old work truck you keep because it gets the job done. You might have to warm it up but after the engine gets rolling, you can usually depend on it. Cam has been a beast for so long and I still have confidence that he has beast in him now. He just has to get going after giving his all in last year with big injuries. I think he finds his stride eventually and gives us our moneys worth. I just can't help but believe in him.

I'm sure Sean Payton would have had the NFL shivering had we landed Burrow. That would have been special. The guy is already legendary in our state.
It truly would have been the perfect match. :yes: But I'm still holding out hope that Winston will continue to learn & build on the success he is having in the Black & Gold.
If Jameis can't get the job done over the long haul, Sean will find his guy elsewhere. But it's not time to worry about that for now.

Hated that we lost T-Rex as well but it's the risk you take when a player breaks out after one season. who knows if he would have the same production with us this year.

What I would be interested to see is if we can convert Zach Baun into this type of role for either this year or next.

Hated that we lost T-Rex as well but it's the risk you take when a player breaks out after one season. who knows if he would have the same production with us this year.

What I would be interested to see is if we can convert Zach Baun into this type of role for either this year or next.

Well he's off to a great start with 5.5 sacks on the season. That puts him 10th in the league overall and 3rd at DE only behind Garrett and Hunter.

Trey was always a high effort guy which pays dividends in pass rushing. He was definitely nice to have when Davenport went down last year but even more useful as a rotational pass rusher with Davenport.

I think that’s why he was allowed to leave. He’s a straight up bull rush guy - which is great to have but I think we needed more from the position. Cam doesn’t get the sacks anymore but he’s still generating pressures and is solid in run defense - he’s also pretty good at getting his hands up and obscuring passing lanes if he can’t get the sack. Cam has a diminished skill set for sure but his savvy is useful.

I love Trey but while he’s great at rushing the passer, he’s less effective in the other aspects of the position.

I think they made the right decision letting him go and not dropping a huge contract on him. But, even if he turns out to be an all-pro ….you can’t keep everybody.

Just another testament to that insane 2017 class.

But that's the thing, Hendrickson didn't get a HUGE deal. Only $16 million guaranteed and could essentially be seen as a one year deal. That's pretty fair for a guy who had one great season: i.e. a lot of upside but still some question marks. Perhaps that kind of contract was impossible while signing Ram and Marshonn. I don't know but it feels like we could have swung it had we really wanted him. And with Davenport's injury history (which continues), probably would have been smart. We are getting absolutely no pressure currently and have 8 sacks total on the season (less than our INT's which is insane).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom