Trey Hendrickson is making a case to get more playing time. (2 Viewers)

I'd pencil hendrickson in at LDE behind Jordan and as the next man up on the right side behind Okafor and Davenport.

Okafor can be a three down DE with Davenport spelling him some on pass downs to start, earning more snaps as he develops.

Trey would mostly spell Cam, but could see a few snaps on the right side sprinkled in as well well as some reps inside in some sub packages. Even if he only takes 15% or 20% of Cam's LDE reps, it will be huge. That's Cam Jordan being 15% or 20% fresher in the 4th quarter and especially at the end of the season. That rest is something we've never been able to give Cam.

Loewen is another guy we might ought to start penciling in for some snaps inside and outside. Johnson and Muhammad seem to be on the outside looking in at this point. Another competition to watch is kikaha and Elliot for the dime rusher role.
man didnt jordan play like over 95% of all defensive snaps? hopefully he gets in at other spots too, unless maybe they were playing jordan so much bc there was no one else. maybe they can take the load off him a little to keep him fresh for the end of games and playoff push

man didnt jordan play like over 95% of all defensive snaps? hopefully he gets in at other spots too, unless maybe they were playing jordan so much bc there was no one else. maybe they can take the load off him a little to keep him fresh for the end of games and playoff push

Taking Jordan off the field is almost like taking Drew out. Almost. Hendrickson might be the guy to do that without giving the offense an easy play.

I agree. I thought he looked really good. He seemed to have a rocket up his rear the way he explodes off the line and is in the O-backfield so quickly.

The only concern I have is our LBs. Kelin looked pretty terrible. Davis did not look comfortable which is understandable while he learns the playbook. The LBs were out of position a lot especially on running plays.

I think we'll be fine at LB, we just need more reps for Davis and Anzalone. Davis will be an impact player for us and I think Anzalone is the future face of our LB corps. We'll spend most of the time in a nickel defense with P-Rob in the slot or in a 3 safety set with Coleman, Bell and Williams, so we'll probably have two LB's on the field most of the time. Of course this will require Anzalone and Davis to stay healthy, but if they can, I think we'll be fine and get better as the season progresses. Having Roberson, Klein and Te'o as your 3rd, 4th and 5th LB that primarily play in base and goal line packages isn't too bad. That's the best depth we've had at LB in years. Probably the best in the Payton era.

We haven't talked much about Te'o since we acquired Davis, but he played really well for us last season, when Klein went down and Te'o was put into the starting MLB spot. We can't sleep on him.

Starting to remind me of Houston's nasty trio of pass rushers.

Jordan - Watt
Davenport - Clowney
Hendrickson - Mercilus

Athletically, they are there. Just have to produce now.

I agree with the first comparison and applaud your enthusiasm on the other two.

However, in my opinion Davenport and Hendrickson have much to prove to be on the level of Clowney and Mercilus. Imo. And I know that won’t be a popular opinion here.

I agree with the first comparison and applaud your enthusiasm on the other two.

However, in my opinion Davenport and Hendrickson have much to prove to be on the level of Clowney and Mercilus. Imo. And I know that won’t be a popular opinion here.
They definitely have much to prove. But they match up athletically and the potential is there. Excited to see if they can eventually rival that trio.

They definitely have much to prove. But they match up athletically and the potential is there. Excited to see if they can eventually rival that trio.
Me too,
I’d love that. Mercilus is an unsung hero of that Texans D. A stud playmaker. And Clowney is also a stud, when healthy.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom