Trey Hendrickson (1 Viewer)

You know what I find funny.

We were ready to go all out for Clowney. Now that we have someone in house who is LEADING the NFL in sacks, we say we cannot afford him and he is benefiting from no double team. How is Clowney doing?

We need to keep Hendrickson.

I was one that thought Hendrickson would just be a decent career back-up and spot player. I'm here to admit I was wrong. I saw the light come on for him in the last five games of the season last year and he has built on that this season. I have have seen him split double teams. He has also developed a few moves. I've seen him just plain bull rush some OT's and use a speed rush to blow right by O-Linemen and use a spin move. I believe the Saints will give him a fair deal that will keep him here. He will want to stay and play for a championship team.

Last edited:
I disagree, the defensive pressure didn't kick in until Davenport made his debut. He's the straw that stirs the drink along the line and we need all of them.
Davenport is helpful because its an extra body to rotate in there. Trey had like half of his sacks and qb hits in the first 5 games. We were getting pressures, it just wasn't as consistent.

The only variable with our D-Line going from good to great was the addition of Davenport but let's ignore him and say everyone else just stepped up. Yeah! That makes sense! Not to mention the stat I already mentioned, just ignore that.
Yes but it’s not the only variable. The secondary is now covering a whole lot better.

Rankins and Hendrickson are long goners.
Granderson will be in line to replace Hendrickson's production. Don't know if he will succeed initially... but there is hope.

I agree that, with the lowering salary cap, and the Saints' being approximately $75 million over the cap in obligations for next season, both Hendrickson and Rankins are goners. I am not at all sure Lattimore will be back either.

Hendrickson has been a very pleasant surprise. Where has this been the first 3 years?

At first he was a depth guy and didn't see a lot of opportunities. Last season he received more playing time and he responded with 4.5 sacks. You could see that the light was coming on. There was no way to know he'd be leading the league in sacks right now but you could see that he was going to be a solid player.

Sometimes it takes a few years for things to click for these young guys. That's true for every position but especially D line. NFL O linemen are freaks of nature. They are long, strong, quick, and they have good hands. Even the most athletically gifted DEs sometimes struggle early.

I was one of the draftniks stating we should draft this guy. Before the draft.

He's done everything I expected him to. Surpassed it, even. And he's getting better.

I say if we can find a way to keep him, keep him.

I should have resigned him before the season in my dynasty/contract league. He's the #4 DE now and resign value has skyrocketed.

• 1Like
Reactions: LoE

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom