Trey Hendrickson (1 Viewer)

I share the same mindset as some others here. Someone is gonna come along and offer him $$$ that the Saints can’t match. Given the cap situation, it probably wouldn't be feasible to even try at this point.

He’s a young ascending player who is right up there in the league in sack totals and improving every year. He’s going to be a very rich young man, much richer than a seriously salary capped Saints team can afford.

PFF is far from a be-all, end-all. In fact, it can be quite flawed. However...

Jordan and Davenport both graded out higher than Hendrickson. And Granderson wasn't far behind.

Now, his "wins" are obviously big wins. But he can also get himself out of position a lot.

So, bottom line: if he DOESN'T get a big offer elsewhere, he's obviously a huge asset and worth bringing back. But you can also see a world where he's not worth quite what Shaq Barrett got last offseason (whose production also fell off quite a bit).

Jordan, Davenport and Granderson will be the guys next year and Lattimore and Williams will be priority re-signing on defense.

I do think Trex FA market is all hype. Paul Kruger was 10 years ago.

The only DE to get overpaid like that is clowney.

unless he takes a big home town discount, I feel like some team is going to make him an offer the Saint's won't be able to match.

Be interesting to see if the Lions go after him now that Dan Campbell and Aaron Glenn are up there. They know his value as well as anyone does.

Hendrickson may be one of those knee-cap biters that Campbell is looking for.

What if we trade them Hill and TRex for Stafford and maybe Peat? I'm not as down on Peat as everyone else but he can be replaced. At the same time, I'd rather not have to rely on a rookie to replace him while we try to move Ruiz to center at the same time.

Be interesting to see if the Lions go after him now that Dan Campbell and Aaron Glenn are up there. They know his value as well as anyone does.

Hendrickson may be one of those knee-cap biters that Campbell is looking for.

What if we trade them Hill and TRex for Stafford and maybe Peat? I'm not as down on Peat as everyone else but he can be replaced. At the same time, I'd rather not have to rely on a rookie to replace him while we try to move Ruiz to center at the same time.

We would have to sign Hendrickson before we could trade him. And if the Lions wanted to trade what would essentially be Hill for Stanford, plus clearing a huge chunk of our cap for Peat and Hendrickson, sign me up. That would be a sweet deal for us.

We would have to sign Hendrickson before we could trade him. And if the Lions wanted to trade what would essentially be Hill for Stanford, plus clearing a huge chunk of our cap for Peat and Hendrickson, sign me up. That would be a sweet deal for us.

Honestly I came up with that out of my butt. I had no idea if it was a good deal for either of us. I was riffing.

We are lucky to have someone who soak up most of (if not all) the lost production for when we cut ties with Cam Jordan. Hendrickson should be able to wreak havok for at least another 5-6 seasons. He's still young, and avoids the rush we would have felt in the void left by Cam Jordan.. whenever he/we decide(s) to move on.

We are lucky to have someone who soak up most of (if not all) the lost production for when we cut ties with Cam Jordan. Hendrickson should be able to wreak havok for at least another 5-6 seasons. He's still young, and avoids the rush we would have felt in the void left by Cam Jordan.. whenever he/we decide(s) to move on.

Did you look at the Orb of Prophecy or something similar?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom