Trey Lance: QB North Dakota State (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Have ya'll heard of this guy yet? They said that Jordan Love's upside was similar to Pat Mahomes, but I think this guy may be better. I have seen his name pop up on a lot of draft boards by experts. Probably the best small school QB in the country that will go high in the 2021 draft.

gavinj

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
How is he going to be eligible for the 2021 draft?

Saint Greg

SR is my life!
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s tough to tell against that level of competition. Relied more on his legs than I’d like. I saw a lot of people who can’t tackle and receivers running wide open.

Wisco Steve

IN for that TITle Run
Reaction score
Yeah really hard to base much off his extremely abbreviated season, but with his likely measurables and depending on how he tests, it would be surprising to not see him go in the mid-to-end of the 1st.

SaintStephen1

Veteran
Reaction score
It’s tough to tell against that level of competition. Relied more on his legs than I’d like. I saw a lot of people who can’t tackle and receivers running wide open.
I agree completely but if Saints going with Taysom his skill set is close to Taysom’s if Sean changes offense.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
1. He's a TOP 15 pick
2. Opted out of the 2020 season
3. I don't the scouting department will give him a 1st round grade because of said missed season.
4. I don't think Loomis or Payton are interested in giving a king ransom with QB with such little playing time.
5. It be different if they didn't have to give up more assets than a face value pick to draft him that hasn't played in over a year.

So, It's like a 99% of not happening

Conditional: If he falls to the 20s...I think the Saints will be interested. Little doubt any of the big 4 prospect at QB make it passed New England's pick.

The Big 4
Trevor
Fields
Wilson
Lance

SammyIsGod

Can he play safety? Yup!
Reaction score
How do you bookmark a thread to revisit it in three years or so? Asking for a friend...

RJ in Lafayette

Super Forum Fanatic
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It appears he will be the fourth QB taken. It's a huge gamble, but some team, hopefully the Saints, will make a major trade up to pick him.

You need a top quarterback in the NFL.to win. Without Rodgers, Green Bay would be a .500 team. Quarterback is by far the most important position in professional sports. This is the year we make the plunge in the biggest trade in the Payton era.

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It appears he will be the fourth QB taken. It's a huge gamble, but some team, hopefully the Saints, will make a major trade up to pick him.

You need a top quarterback in the NFL.to win. Without Rodgers, Green Bay would be a .500 team. Quarterback is by far the most important position in professional sports. This is the year we make the plunge in the biggest trade in the Payton era.
Screenshot_20210102-211123_Chrome.jpg

I don't see any of the 4 passing 10th or 14th.

It depend on what the Jets, Detroit, and Atlanta do...

NewOrleansBoy

Clemson Football Walk-On
Reaction score
Idk, there are tons of plays where I said, "that won't work in the NFL"

too many rushing TDs

SAINT BIGAL

Just think'n out loud...
Reaction score
Quick feet and fast. Very athletic as well. Seems most dangerous running the football. That's all good but... The majority of his passes were thrown to wide open targets. That would certainly be worrisome for me.

He definitely shares a similar skill set with Taysom. After watching the video, I would compare him to Lamar Jackson more than anyone else.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom