Trey Lance: QB North Dakota State (1 Viewer)

Quick feet and fast. Very athletic as well. Seems most dangerous running the football. That's all good but... The majority of his passes were thrown to wide open targets. That would certainly be worrisome for me.

He definitely shares a similar skill set with Taysom. After watching the video, I would compare him to Lamar Jackson more than anyone else.

There are a lot of hidden gems in Division II, imo. I played against numerous guys that went on to the NFL. Most notably was a running back out of Missouri Southern named Rod Smith who went on to be the Denver Broncos all-time leading receiver.
I think this kid looks to fit the mold for the newer mobile style QB. Just not sure if he is worth a 1st round pick or not without seeing or knowing more about him.

Kid definitely has athleticism, mobility, and speed, but can he read a defense and go through progressions? The majority of passes in that highlight were to guys 10-15 yards wide open!
Questions that can't be answered in that video. He only had two passes from the top of his drop in that entire video. Looks like a huge upside QB that will take a while to develop.

Heck of a work-out today for Lance-- according to most reports.
He is the only 'semi-realistic' trade up QB that interests me in this draft.

If the pessimism makes him fall. I'd trade up for him. Love his potential if he can grow past being a 2 read QB.

He is someone who I think Sean likes. As for a comparison, he seems like a more dynamic, new-age Steve McNair.

He is someone who I think Sean likes. As for a comparison, he seems like a more dynamic, new-age Steve McNair.

I like that one. The one I heard a lot yesterday was Josh Allen.

Lance is closer to Allen in height (6-4 vs 6-5 while McNair was 6-2). The one concern I have with Lance is hand size. Only 9 1/8, which is over an inch smaller than Allen and Brees, and somewhere between Taysom and Winston. But I’m also not sure how important that is as long as you’re above 9, which I believe is SP’s benchmark

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom