Trickery? (1 Viewer)

Cougar 1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
The Bills already run the no huddle on offense, a little rare in the NFL, to reduce subbing by the D, which could affect GWs scheme. But playing against the Saints O, I wouldn't be surprised if they incorporate some additional plays to keep us off balance or maintain control of the ball, some when they have the ball, but esp on STs. Wouldn't be surprised if they run a fake punt, onside kick, etc.

One of the ways to beat us is to limit our touches on O. And Bobby April is one of the best STs coaches around.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
well even with the no huddle if they make replacements on offense then the defense is allowed time to make personel changes as well. its a fairly new rule if anyone comes off the field on offense the defense has the right to make personel changes as well. with the s/t wouldn't be a bit surprised if they don't try something early in the game.

I suggested this exact same thing week one against the lions. I guess Jim Swartz didn't have enough confidence in his Offense to try to execute any trick plays. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills were a different case though.

One of the ways to beat us is to limit our touches on O. And Bobby April is one of the best STs coaches around.

Thoughts?

I'm sure they would like to keep us off the field. Trick plays will depend on the weather and field conditions.

No huddle is exactly what you DO NOT want to do against us. Everyone knows that you have a better chance of winning if you can keep the ball out of Brees' hands. Why would you just speed up Brees' breaks between touchdowns?

No huddle is exactly what you DO NOT want to do against us. Everyone knows that you have a better chance of winning if you can keep the ball out of Brees' hands. Why would you just speed up Brees' breaks between touchdowns?

Their no huddle is not about speed as in a 2-minute drill. It's about keeping the D from making changes and trying to dictate terms by making the D adjust to what the O is doing , I believe.

Their no huddle is not about speed as in a 2-minute drill. It's about keeping the D from making changes and trying to dictate terms by making the D adjust to what the O is doing , I believe.

Correct.

This isn't the K-Gun offense from the Jim Kelly days.

And when I say "adjust" they have to do so with the personal package that is on the field because they can't sub unless the O does or they risk getting caught short and misaligned with a quick snap.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom