Triplett: Saints hiring Bradford Banta as Special Teams Coordinator, O'Dea will be his assistant, and CJ for receiver (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Is it common to have more than one coach on special teams? I wonder why Kevin didn't get the job all to himself. Anyhow, having Johnson back should help polish what is already a very dynamic WR corps. Let the good news keep coming.

SP team and primary kicking game improved a lot. Keeping him as some purpose to coach up Lutz seemed to be his primary focuse. Kind of crazy we had a Special team coordinator for 10 years that couldn't coach up a kicker... Makes me wonder what of happen to Hartley with a proper coach.

Is it common to have more than one coach on special teams? I wonder why Kevin didn't get the job all to himself. Anyhow, having Johnson back should help polish what is already a very dynamic WR corps. Let the good news keep coming.

I like the ideia of having a coach specialized on helping the kicker. The special teams coach should focus on blocking schemes on field goals and returns and another coach should be there to teach the kicker how to kick well.

If we don't make the playoffs then the problem is loomis

Actually I think if we don't, then it's Payton. He has finally gotten rid of the guys everyone here thinks was the problem. After that there is no where left to turn. We shall see next year what this does for our team.

If we don't make the playoffs then the problem is loomis

How you can possibly say that in January is something I can't understand.

What if Loomis kills it in FA, we draft really well and then get seriously injured in training camp all at one position group again and have to start street free agents at the entire LB corps or entire group of CB's?

How is that Loomis's fault?

I like the ideia of having a coach specialized on helping the kicker. The special teams coach should focus on blocking schemes on field goals and returns and another coach should be there to teach the kicker how to kick well.

Yeah I like the approach. Kicker can be such a pain point for many teams. Makes sense to dedicate a position coach to the kicker/s.

The all-time leading scorer is a kicker and once you find a good kicker, they're like quarterbacks, you keep them for 10+ years. It's worth the investment to get it right. Just wish Sean realized the importance many years ago.

Because people want scapegoats. Basic human emotional need.

SP team and primary kicking game improved a lot. Keeping him as some purpose to coach up Lutz seemed to be his primary focuse. Kind of crazy we had a Special team coordinator for 10 years that couldn't coach up a kicker... Makes me wonder what of happen to Hartley with a proper coach.

To be fair, I believe we brought Carney in to help Hartley.

Yeah I like the approach. Kicker can be such a pain point for many teams. Makes sense to dedicate a position coach to the kicker/s.

The all-time leading scorer is a kicker and once you find a good kicker, they're like quarterbacks, you keep them for 10+ years. It's worth the investment to get it right. Just wish Sean realized the importance many years ago.

I don't think he hasn't realized the importance of the position at any point while coaching the Saints. He thought he'd found his guy in Hartley and then had to go with old nearly washed up kickers while biding his time searching for a new version of what we had in Hartley in 2009.

He picked the wrong one when letting Hopkins go but corrected the error by signing Lutz the following year.

I seriously doubt he's been satisfied with the kicking position ever since we got rid of Hartley. Hence there being a new kicking competition every year pretty much since he was let go.

I hope the new hires don't change too much with our WR's and kicker. Both were on a nice roll when the season ended.

Saints need to get Ed Reed as an assistant coach, he just got relieved of his duties by Buffalo

I'm geeked about Curtis Johnson, what he did with the guys back then, special team cast offs, a guy from the 7th round. Imagine what he does with the group we have now. I'm pumped.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom