Triplett: Saints hiring Bradford Banta as Special Teams Coordinator, O'Dea will be his assistant, and CJ for receiver (Merged) (1 Viewer)

Redskins... didn't they take 1 of our kicker castoffs and turn him into an almost automatic 1 or 3 points?

Nah, he was already that good when he got there. He was one of the best college kickers of all time when he came out of college.

197.jpg

A friend of mine tried to annoy me with bird puns, but I soon realized that toucan play at that game.

I wasn't originally going to get a brain transplant, but then I changed my mind.

I drove my expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

:hihi: :covri:

Waiting for my Buddy who plays for the Redskins as mostly a special teams ace to give me some info on Banta. Will post as soon as I hear back from him.

A friend of mine tried to annoy me with bird puns, but I soon realized that toucan play at that game.

I wasn't originally going to get a brain transplant, but then I changed my mind.

I drove my expensive car into a tree and found out how the Mercedes bends.

:hihi: :covri:

KNK3FiO.gif

I hope the new hires don't change too much with our WR's and kicker. Both were on a nice roll when the season ended.

Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Meach... Curtis Johnson coached these guys up and they had pretty solid careers under his watch. I don't think you have to worry about CJ screwing up our young trio. I'm counting on him to mold Brandon Coleman and TommyLee as well.

And as far as special teams, our new coach's focus will more than likely be on the kick blocking, coverage and return units.

Marques Colston, Devery Henderson, Meach... Curtis Johnson coached these guys up and they had pretty solid careers under his watch. I don't think you have to worry about CJ screwing up our young trio. I'm counting on him to mold Brandon Coleman and TommyLee as well.

And as far as special teams, our new coach's focus will more than likely be on the kick blocking, coverage and return units.

I went to the last training camp the Saints had in Jackson, I think it was in 2008. Johnson really impressed me with his coaching style especially during the 1v1 drills. He was just as critical and quick to give praise to both the receiver AND the db during a drill. He seemed to have the knack of teaching both positions. I love this hire.

That's if he gets the time to really work with the players. With the limited on the field practice time the CBA allows for I question how much time is devoted to special teams practice for punt and kick blocking and coverage. They might spend a lot time In "classroom work" study film but that cannot possibly take the place on the field work.

Now if we can address the Strength & Conditioning Staff .....:crossfingers::crossfingers:

Now if we can address the Strength & Conditioning Staff .....:crossfingers::crossfingers:

No news about any possible changes there. I don't know if it's their fault or not, but it seems we have more injuries then the average.

Strength & Conditioning is a big mistery to me.

They were after Pete, but Pete had a commitment to the strippers for the new club opening in 2 months. Loomis wouldn't wait on him :mwink:

It sounds like we missed out on another good hire.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom