Triplett: Saints hiring Bradford Banta as Special Teams Coordinator, O'Dea will be his assistant, and CJ for receiver (Merged) (1 Viewer)

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bradford Banta, former Special Teams Coach of the Redskins will be our coach, per Triplett.

Attachments

• Capture d’e?cran 2017-01-31 a? 10.28.54.png
    Capture d’e?cran 2017-01-31 a? 10.28.54.png
    79.4 KB · Views: 103
  • Capture d’e?cran 2017-01-31 a? 10.29.12.png
    Capture d’e?cran 2017-01-31 a? 10.29.12.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 1,113
Yes bring him back where he belongs. And the Banta hiring is great news here for the last few days. Now it's D. line coach hiring time. Who Dat.

Only thing I remember about this guy is him being an awful tight end on Madden back in the day. :hihi:

I am glad we finally get a new ST coach though and also love that O'Dea is staying on; the improvement in the FG kicking was remarkable. The next time Lutz misses a placekick under O'Dea's tutelage will be his first.

Some information about Banta:

Along with Special Teams Coordinator Ben Kotwica and Special Projects/Assistant Special Teams Coach Bret Munsey, Banta contributed to the Redskins’ special teams success in 2015 despite the unit having to use 60 different players (tied for seventh-most in the NFL) during its NFC East championship season. The unit posted a Top 5 ranking in kickoff coverage (20.1 yards allowed per return) and contributed three special teams touchdowns, including a team-record- tying two kickoff returns for touchdowns and a blocked punt recovery for a touchdown.

Prior to joining the Redskins, Banta spent six seasons with the Detroit Lions in various coaching capacities. From 2012-13, Banta served as the Lions’ assistant linebackers coach. Under his guidance in 2012, the Lions linebacker corps of Stephen Tulloch, Justin Durant and DeAndre Levy led the Lions in total tackles, finishing with 112, 103 and 81, respectively. In 2013, he contributed to a breakout season for Levy, who led all NFL linebackers with six interceptions.

Source:

Washington Redskins: Bradford Banta

Some information about Banta:

Along with Special Teams Coordinator Ben Kotwica and Special Projects/Assistant Special Teams Coach Bret Munsey, Banta contributed to the Redskins’ special teams success in 2015 despite the unit having to use 60 different players (tied for seventh-most in the NFL) during its NFC East championship season. The unit posted a Top 5 ranking in kickoff coverage (20.1 yards allowed per return) and contributed three special teams touchdowns, including a team-record- tying two kickoff returns for touchdowns and a blocked punt recovery for a touchdown.

Washington Redskins: Bradford Banta

This says it all after last season.

Makes sense. I get the impression that O'dea is more of a specialized ST's coach. He'll likely do much of the developing with our kicker etc etc while the new guy coordinates coverages etc.

O'Dea is the Bryan Young of the ST's group. I like the setup. Much like at LB with Vitt outt you get some new voices and ideas in that room.

Now I understand why none of my calls were returned. I guess they threw away my application.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom