Saints Triplett thinks Trequan is set for a “breakout” during remainder of the season (article from June 17), Mod edit (1 Viewer)

I think the only concern is his ability to stay healthy. I thought he showed tremendous growth last year, the only problem was his availability. His toughness over the middle was great, and that's a receiver who was known for his deep ball ability coming out of college. We need the guy to be healthy for the long run, so hopefully he's truly good to go and can play the rest of the year without anymore nagging injuries. I think he might be in a contract year, too. If he can stay healthy in the remaining 12 games and performs really well I could see giving him another contract. If he gets dinged up again, it's just not a viable option aside from maybe a 1 year deal.

I just hope he can stay healthy the remainder of the season and contribute each week. Not expecting much more until he can prove he can be a game in and game out solid #2 receiver.

Poor Trequan is set to have a 3rd quarter injury that keeps him out four games than to have a break out 3/4 of the season. That said, dude is a hell of a blocker. It would be nice to have him out there just for that.

Availability to step on the field > Ability & Talent

I hope Triplett is right, but given that for the last four seasons (including this one), he has never played a full season, how much hope do we want to pin on him? (see: Davenport, Armstead)

We’ll see. This has been basically said since the Saints drafted Smith four years ago. He’s never played a full season since he was drafted. So far when not injured he’s been a serviceable, slightly below average, wideout. He had his chance last year to establish himself as a prime target when CGM was injured. We got more of the same. A few decent games here and there then he got banged up. The main question is - can he finish the season?

Availability to step on the field > Ability & Talent

I hope Triplett is right, but given that for the last four seasons (including this one), he has never played a full season, how much hope do we want to pin on him? (see: Davenport, Armstead)
The difference is those two guys are highly effective when they are healthy. TS is prone to invisibility even more than availability. If he doesn't "breakout" this year it's time to move on.

I don't see it. What I do see is,...................................us moving on from him after this season.
Sadly, he will realize that he has no value outside of our team and resign for a cheap contract. Plus, being that we are looking to pinch pennies at the WR position, SP will use the excuse of him knowing the playbook and does what he is asked to do. Which is bull turd.

The interesting thing to me about TQS is that when he's been targeted he's responded well. But when you're playing in an offense with MT and AK, targets are going to be few and far between. Even after MT went down last season he didn't see a boatload of targets.

His career catch percentage is 67.2% which is a pretty decent number. I'm not expecting him to breakout and become a star but if he's just consistent and healthy he'll help the offense.

Man, y'all are brutal. Yes, it sucks that he keeps getting injured but the man can't really control that. Considering we don't have alot of money or high draft capital invested in him, just let the dude be. He's played hard when he's been able to and has come in clutch at least a few times.

Y'all really are some mean spirited folks. Get you some Jesus or something

I just hope he can stay healthy the remainder of the season and contribute each week. Not expecting much more until he can prove he can be a game in and game out solid #2 receiver.
I feel very confident that our number 2 is playing right now. If TQS would have been in as the effective number one like Callaway has been so far, his numbers would not even be as good as MC has put up thus far. When CGM comes back, its Callaway that I expect to make a monster leap. He just looks the part of a number 2 that you can't forget about.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom