Saints Triplett thinks Trequan is set for a “breakout” during remainder of the season (article from June 17), Mod edit (1 Viewer)

His only good season was his rookie year.
But you have to remember, Drew's arm strength wasn't there his last 2 seasons so TQS' best attribute, the long strike, wasn't a threat.
Now with Winston you have to respect the deep throw every play.

Also, people put too much weight into #1,#2,#3 wr talk. Honestly if we have all our WRs at once Callaway and Smith can line up at the split end & flanker or X & Y and have CGM in the slot or Z position.

But TQS does need to be on the field so that is a very legitimate knock against him

Football is a business and a players best ability is availability. TQS hasn't been available enough to really gauge his growth. I was hoping that when Winston started to throw to him in camp and preseason, he would have that season we were hoping for. He did get over the drops, and was doing some good work for us. If he can get healthy, he would be productive.

In this article (from earlier this year), Mike T. reminds us that Trequan had two (2) TD’s in our playoff loss to the Bucs last year. :mad:

Let’s also not forget the Bucs targeting Deonte, knocking him out of the game... (and also Jared Cook’s bonehead move of not securing the ball)!

But I digress. The Triplett article is a good read. With our strong O-line, CGM, Trequan, Callaway, Trautman, Stills, Kamara... Saints’ offense will be ballin’ out!

Let’s not forget that Trequan is also a GREAT downfield blocker!

:gosaints:
how did you come up with this thread title?

I think if Triplett saw it he would declare you're saying something he never claimed, given the current circumstances?

This was before the ridiculous injury that TQS is dealing with.

Certainly Triplett isn't standing by that proclamation now. In fact, he's more likely to write a new article declaring the Saints should move on from TQS.

Mods should probably change the thread title before Triplett tries to sue us.

Man, y'all are brutal. Yes, it sucks that he keeps getting injured but the man can't really control that. Considering we don't have alot of money or high draft capital invested in him, just let the dude be. He's played hard when he's been able to and has come in clutch at least a few times.

Y'all really are some mean spirited folks. Get you some Jesus or something
Not being mean. Just being real. I have no ill wishes for the guy. I just don't think he does enough to justify him taking a roster spot. He has some skills but not enough to compensate for the lack of production and lack of availability.

Man, y'all are brutal. Yes, it sucks that he keeps getting injured but the man can't really control that. Considering we don't have alot of money or high draft capital invested in him, just let the dude be. He's played hard when he's been able to and has come in clutch at least a few times.

Y'all really are some mean spirited folks. Get you some Jesus or something
I get it, and it's nothing personal. It's sad really. At some point, empathy and bad luck have to be disregarded. Availability becomes the measuring stick, and TQS just isn't cutting it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom