Triplette: Keenan Lewis intends to have his hip 100% by Week 1 (1 Viewer)

So if you're to read between the lines, Keenan is saying he has a Grade 3 Flexor strain which is typically 8 weeks before you want to test it and he probably wants to accelerate that schedule which would be a mistake (it's like a hamstring pull in that if you test it too soon you just re-injure it and set yourself back 8 weeks again). So he could see the field in week 4 or 5, maybe be ready to start week 6. If he went to IR (formerly known as designated to return) I believe the soonest he could be back was week 8.

With the young talent at CB, and if my conjecture is correct, I think IR is probably the best move for the team.

According to the article, something is wrong with Breaux. I hate injuries.

So if you're to read between the lines, Keenan is saying he has a Grade 3 Flexor strain which is typically 8 weeks before you want to test it and he probably wants to accelerate that schedule which would be a mistake (it's like a hamstring pull in that if you test it too soon you just re-injure it and set yourself back 8 weeks again). So he could see the field in week 4 or 5, maybe be ready to start week 6. If he went to IR (formerly known as designated to return) I believe the soonest he could be back was week 8.

With the young talent at CB, and if my conjecture is correct, I think IR is probably the best move for the team.
It's the only move at this point.

Protect the player from his want to play and protect your investment.

Simple really. Dude isn't going to walk on week 1 after not a single preseason snap and be effective.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

According to the article, something is wrong with Breaux. I hate injuries.

It hurts to play football.

Everybody gets dinged up over the course of a season. You learn to play through it. The Saints sat 11 for the first preseason game. Its a pretty good bet that 10 of them would have been playing if it were the regular season.

Everybody gets dinged up over the course of a season. You learn to play through it. The Saints sat 11 for the first preseason game. Its a pretty good bet that 10 of them would have been playing if it were the regular season.

Exactly. There is 0 need to put a dinged up or even achy veteran into a week 1 preseason game. With the day off of practice then the light practice/travel day/ day off in New England, then game off those vets get a nice chunk of time to work back into things. There are enough young talented guys that need reps on this team, no reason to bang up the starters this early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just get back in time for the post season. Between week 8 and 10 would be the perfect time to get his legs under him.

Indubitably

THIS!!

Unfortunately I'm not counting on Keenan playing another down for us, he just can't stay healthy. We gotta rely on our other guys, and if Lewis does play then it's just icing on the cake.

Keenan Lewis on IR signifies another bust FA signing. We got one de sent year out of him.
Out of 3 seasons, the Saints have gotten 2 great seasons from him. That's a far cry from bust. That's not even in the same discussion as bust, especially when we know he's one of the best at his position when not sidelined by injury which rare happens.

Let's save the term "bust" for people with no good seasons.

Well, now it's looking like Lewis gets his wish.

Rankins's injury will keep Keenan off the IR.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom