Triplett's newest 53 man roster prediction (1 Viewer)

I am no scout but I think Ray Charles could see that Landon Turner has a future in the NFL but hey I don't get payed to make that choice . Maybe he is still learning all the checks , and line shifts , playbook and what not . The skills are there in my eyes and the imposing size that you love to have up front

People need to let this go. Leary to the Saints isn't happening.

Preach.

By having Leary as the 6th offensive lineman, the Cowboys got it made. An injury is likely to occur at some point, to one of the five starters. If one of the two guards go down, Leary takes their place. If one of the tackles go down, Collins takes their spot and Leary fills in at guard for Collins. They basically have their backup for 4 OL positions covered, with just Leary. I don't think they'll trade him for anything less than a 3rd round pick, which is way too much.

I would keep OL Landon Turner, and DB Courtland Finnegan.
Cut DE/LB Davis Tull, and DB Brian Dixon.
Finnegan is still at his age too valuable and talented as a Nickel Back, and a special teams player.
Landon Turner has played very well, and earned a place on this team.
We just picked up OG/OT Kalif Barnes, but he is a penalty waiting to happen. Better to sign OG Geoff Swartz or some other lineman who may be available next week. Luis Vazques is still available.
Sign pass rusher Paul Kreuger. Lets see what he has left. DE Chris McCain is not an answer for this team.

IDK Lasco was by far the best gunner this preseason. It he wasn't making the tackle he was in on the stop. I can't recall Dixon being that much of an impact that would make him indispensable. :scratch:

2 gunners is better than 1

I think Tull making the team will be based largely on his ST role as well.

Tony Hills doesnt look as good to me this year as he did last year.

But I think Tripps wont be far off.

I think we might pick up a 4th TE potentially after sending someone to IR. I think Swann could go to IR as well.

We cut Tull, and the Patriots will sign him and he will be a player for years there.

Tull was a great college player at his level. However, up against NFL caliber tackles his weaknesses are obvious. He gets swallowed up by bigger tackles and cannot get off blocks. He lacks an initial burst at the line so he isn't generating any pass rush pressure. Due to his size maybe he needs to look at moving to line backer?

We cut Tull, and the Patriots will sign him and he will be a player for years there.

I agree, I think the Saints need to find a way to keep Tull on the final roster. Someone will snap him up on WW. He's raw but he has talent.

Please keep in mind that this is his first year truly playing. He was IR'd last year.

The numbers at DE are not in Tull's favor. Jordan, Edebali, Kruger are locks. Gwacham & Richardson would make 5. Wild card is McCain who we just traded for so not seeing a spot on the 53 unless he's a ST monster?

There have been like 5-6 guys go to the Patriots from here in the last several years. All washed out.

They are not magic.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom