Trivia Question - No Googling or Looking it up (2 Viewers)

No, it was 1993. The Monday night game was a December game just before Christmas.

In 1993, Wade Wilson and Bobby Hebert "traded" franchises. Hebert went to Atlanta, and Wilson to NO. It was also the season that Ironhead Heyward and Brad Muster were "traded." Ironhead signed with the Bears and Muster came to the Saints ... where he (and Tottie Robbins) spent alot of time riding the stationary bike.

In retrospect, the 1993 season was the beginning of the end for Mora in New Orleans.

Exacltly right. Mora's downfall here(other than his ridiculous devotion to Carl Smith) was when Jim Finks became ill. Benson created the "three headed monster" with Mora, Kuharich, and Jim Miller all working different aspects of the GM position. That was the downfall of Jim Mora here in New Orleans. If Benson would have hired a competent GM instead of using the "three headed monster", maybe the mid 90s would have been a little better.

As far as Mora calling people sick after a Monday night game against the Giants, here you go....

1993 - Jim Mora Tirade (Sick) - YouTube

I remember Buddy D having a field day on the radio with this rant.

Here is one for the fans. Who was the QB in the infamous Pinky Play?

Where he came out holding his pinky like he broke it. We were backed up around the 10 yd line. Insert the QB and he flung it in the air like 50 yards...complete.

I was thinking it was Hebert/Fourcade. Now since you tossed Walsh/Buck in I have to go and reaffirm my drunken haze.

Well ... The Pinky play...was it Hebert/Fourcade or was it Walsh/Buck?

I will admit I have lost two of my three remaining brain cells since then.......

Anyone with a memory of this that might shed light on which set of QBs?

Here is one for the fans. Who was the QB in the infamous Pinky Play?

Steve Walsh faked a pinky injury...Mike Buck came in and the Saints ran a reverse flea flicker.....against the Falcons..

Edit...Sorry...I didn't see DaveinCoalinga beat me to the punch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom