***TROPICAL ALERT*** TROPICAL STORM ETA (Late season tropical outlook discussion) (2 Viewers)

If Youngsville is your location, it won't matter much if the track is a little west or east. It would have to turn far to the east to keep that area out of harm's way... and it sure isn't going to change that much. Maybe 20 or 30 miles max.
LOL! You sure do like bolding words, Bill. :lol:

Question...I've added maps to the original post, with the intent that people can find updated information in one place on this thread. For me, the maps don't always show as updated (although when I go in to edit the post, the maps are current in that view). And the satellite images are showing as x's (again, they are fine in edit mode). I'm just curious what others are seeing. I want to make sure you all have an easy-to-find post that has as many good links and current information as possible.

And thank you to those who always seem to provide good links and info and updates to the tropical threads. It's greatly appreciated!
I tried a few things Kellye, but they didn't work. I could see the radar images in edit mode but the animated GIFs were extremely slow to load. I have one more thing I want to try but we may need to start a new thread.

watching the IR from spaghetti models, it looks like delta is moving due west right now, after coming off the Yucatan, could be a jog, and I'm far from knowing what I'm talking about, but it sure does look like it to me. any of our experienced weather guys see that?

watching the IR from spaghetti models, it looks like delta is moving due west right now, after coming off the Yucatan, could be a jog, and I'm far from knowing what I'm talking about, but it sure does look like it to me. any of our experienced weather guys see that?
I thought I saw that, too. Might not be right, though.

I tried a few things Kellye, but they didn't work. I could see the radar images in edit mode but the animated GIFs were extremely slow to load. I have one more thing I want to try but we may need to start a new thread.
@primadox I tried to copy just the first post in the thread into a new thread on the Deleted Posts board and got the same result. The only thing I can suggest is to start a new thread from scratch.

If it goes in at only at 2 I think they would be great news though will bring in heavy rain and some wind damage. It is not as bad as it looked yesterday.

@primadox I tried to copy just the first post in the thread into a new thread on the Deleted Posts board and got the same result. The only thing I can suggest is to start a new thread from scratch.

It has done this every time for the last few seasons, even with new/smaller threads...maps will not update automatically like they used to on the old boards. Not sure why. Since there's already good discussion here, I think I'll just keep links up and delete all or most of the maps, instead of starting a whole new thread, and we can try and figure it out before the next storm...hopefully waaaaaay in the future.

Last edited:
18z GFS run posting now - it has storm center almost directly south of Sabine Pass at 12z on Friday. And 973 mb at landfall, Cameron Parish.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom