***TROPICAL ALERT*** Hurricane Delta (Late season tropical outlook discussion: is it over yet??!!??) (8 Viewers)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Sticky Post
10/5: Deleting and adding more stuff to Super44's ORIGINAL POST.

I'm adding key info to the original post to make it easier to find. I'll add more info as needed. ~primadox
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NHC PRODUCTS

NHC Home
Tropical Weather Outlook
Atlantic Tropical Weather Discussion

Delta information:
Public Advisory
Forecast Advisory
Forecast Discussion
Wind Speed Probabilities
Key Messages
NWS Local Products
US Watches/Warnings

Other links:
NOAA Satellite Imagery (links to various looping images)
WWL Hurricane Central
Mike's Weather Page (lots of links and maps here)
College of DuPage (good site for model runs)
Tropics - wide view (from Hurricane Harbor) - click on the 5 day movie html5 link to animate.
NOAA - Local River Flood level predictions
Jeff Lindner: Facebook page Twitter feed
Space City Weather Facebook page
Saints Report Hurricane Preparedness Tips thread

CURRENT MAPS/FORECASTS/MODELS:

Official NHC Forecast Cone

Radar:

Last edited by a moderator:

gummbo70114

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Northwest Avoyelles parish (close to what was left of the eye) report:

I left my house and stayed at my brother's outdoor kitchen last night because Laura knocked out power at home. We kept power at the kitchen throughout the night. I woke up and came back home to check things out since the Cleco outage map showed I was on the edge of an outage area. I figured the power was out. Nope, it never went out, not even enough to make the clocks reset. I had a few leaky spots around windows and roof from Laura, but I had prepared those with towels. Didn't even leak despite all the rain. The kids and I did say a prayer of blessing for the house and sprinkled holy water before we left, so I thank the Lord for answered prayers. I hope everyone else has faired okay.
Did you put a wreath of garlic around the door frame? You know just to cover all the bases. But I could, I’m glad to hear everything was hunky-dory

St. Chris

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
In Lafayette, I lost power at 7:30, back on by midnight.

Wife made very good decision 32 years ago. House we live in is in subdivision with all utilities underground, and we are on same grid with a hospital so when power does go out, we are first back up.

We were out 4-5 hours last night. Last time we were out for that long was with Andrew in 1992. And that was about the same amount of time.

guidomerkinsrules

W H A T E V I R
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Northwest Avoyelles parish (close to what was left of the eye) report:

I left my house and stayed at my brother's outdoor kitchen last night because Laura knocked out power at home. We kept power at the kitchen throughout the night. I woke up and came back home to check things out since the Cleco outage map showed I was on the edge of an outage area. I figured the power was out. Nope, it never went out, not even enough to make the clocks reset. I had a few leaky spots around windows and roof from Laura, but I had prepared those with towels. Didn't even leak despite all the rain. The kids and I did say a prayer of blessing for the house and sprinkled holy water before we left, so I thank the Lord for answered prayers. I hope everyone else has faired okay.
And in NO we had the power go out like 6x in 2hours

bclemms

More than 15K posts served!
Reaction score
So basically the only areas left capable of supporting a major hurricane in the gulf is from Tampa to Miami or perhaps a small area from Corpus to Brownsville. 2020 says hold my beer again. Long range models have been showing this storm bouncing around from Florida's West coast to a hit on the keys and Bahamas and still a long way off but it's still not "over".
1602509034618.png

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
At this point, I don't even want to see a wispy white cloud in the sky here in central Louisiana. I'm about 5 miles past the exit for wanting to get off the 2020 hurricane train.

gpupil

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
have no idea what that land mass is supposed to be
It's the whole US and the gulf, not just Florida. Look right above the yellow in the storm and you can see Florida's panhandle. Go left and you can make out Louisiana. The northern part of the state isn't covered by weather at all.

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Oh hell to the no!!!!!
If we get one more freaking hurricane this year, I'm selling my house and moving to Arizona.
I was thinking the Moon. No atmosphere, no hurricanes....right?

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
2020 says hold my beer again. Long range models have been showing this storm bouncing around from Florida's West coast to a hit on the keys and Bahamas and still a long way off but it's still not "over".
Is this the same system coming off of West Africa that they were showing last week as a yellow "chance for development" zone?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 3)

Headlines

Top Bottom