***TROPICAL ALERT*** TROPICAL STORM ETA (Late season tropical outlook discussion) (2 Viewers)

Hurricane hunters found winds of 93 mph on the southeast eyewall.

Delta weakens to a category 2 hurricane with sustained winds of 110mph

Tropical storm force winds now along the upper TX coast with Galveston sustained at 40g58mph at 100pm. Tropical storm force wind gust occurring over SE Harris County with NASA gusting the 42mph and Morgan’s Point 40mph. Sustained tropical storm force winds will be likely for the next 4-5 hours over the Galveston Bay area with gusts up around 55-60mph especially on Bolivar and Galveston Island.

Tides continue to hold steading in the 2.0-2.5 ft above MHHW range and with large wave action on the beaches, overwash and coastal flooding is occurring along the upper TX coast. Tidal flooding in SE Harris County has been limited thus far and as winds turn N and NNW late this afternoon water will begin to drive south out of the upper parts of the Bay.

Tide gages in SW Louisiana show significant rises in the last hour as the core of Delta moves toward the coast and maximum push of water will occur over the next few hours.

Jeff Lindner
Director Hydrologic Operations Division/Meteorologist
Harris County Flood Control District

Oh and electricity has been out since around noon. Dogs? Unconcerned. 497E1A79-6205-4846-B8C0-77DA6046F298.jpeg
419274C6-6D49-460B-84E5-CAB9752DC4C0.jpeg
4EC6FE5D-BA55-48E3-A451-883E7CF893E5.jpeg
Not pictured Luna. Sleeping under the kitchen table.
My family in Lake Charles evacuated. My dad and sister stayed put. He's just outside of Bell City and she's just outside of Lacassine. Looks like they might end up inside the western part of the eyewall. Best wishes for all of you.

The eye of Delta is just about to cross Hwy 82.
It's moving in right between North Island & Pecan Island.

The eye of Delta is just about to cross Hwy 82.
It's moving in right between North Island & Pecan Island.
That's a pretty significant hook eastward ... could help Lake Charles area avoid the very worst of it.

NHC shows sustained winds about an hour ago were 85 mph. If that's been slipping downward, the wind issues should be at least somewhat mitigated by the time Delta's eye approaches the I-10.

That's a pretty significant hook eastward ... could help Lake Charles area avoid the very worst of it.

NHC shows sustained winds about an hour ago were 85 mph. If that's been slipping downward, the wind issues should be at least somewhat mitigated by the time Delta's eye approaches the I-10.
It was all about timing. If Delta had been moving slower and spent another day over water, Nola would have been in the cone.
The high pressure system over Florida that pushed it NW has pretty much dissipated.

Sadly, even though Lake Charles is on the west side of the CoC, the storm isn't far enough from them to avoid the western eyewall. So the mess around there is going to get messier. 😢

Also, the eye of Delta has expanded quite a bit prior to moving inland, so whatever strength is left in this storm's punch will be spread over a wider area.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom