***TROPICAL ALERT*** TROPICAL STORM ETA (Late season tropical outlook discussion) (1 Viewer)

You’ll never evacuate from a hurricane again? Or you’ll never live in Louisiana again?

I'll never go east again if a Cat 5 threatens Nola. The vast majority of cars I saw had Louisiana license plates. My home is 47
feet above sea level and 17 feet higher than I-10. Flooding is not an issue. I had minimal damage from Katrina. If I do evacuate
it will be north. I'm not dealing with I-10 again.

Power in Lafayette is out. I lost power about 8:17 pm. Others lost power earlier. Curfew in effect until 8 am. At least where I am, there was not an extraordinary amount of rain. The principal issue was wind gusts.

I'll never go east again if a Cat 5 threatens Nola. The vast majority of cars I saw had Louisiana license plates. My home is 47
feet above sea level and 17 feet higher than I-10. Flooding is not an issue. I had minimal damage from Katrina. If I do evacuate
it will be north. I'm not dealing with I-10 again.
With only 3 exit routes, there is no quick way out
This is part of my major concern with the near hits this season and last - people/govt are going to wait til the last minute to make a call
55 and I10 in whichever direction will be parking lots

Power in Lafayette is out. I lost power about 8:17 pm. Others lost power earlier. Curfew in effect until 8 am. At least where I am, there was not an extraordinary amount of rain. The principal issue was wind gusts.
If loss of power, falling trees, and just making a mess is it then I would say y'all did okay. I see that big tree on College Drive came down.

River levels are expected fall

Northwest Avoyelles parish (close to what was left of the eye) report:

I left my house and stayed at my brother's outdoor kitchen last night because Laura knocked out power at home. We kept power at the kitchen throughout the night. I woke up and came back home to check things out since the Cleco outage map showed I was on the edge of an outage area. I figured the power was out. Nope, it never went out, not even enough to make the clocks reset. I had a few leaky spots around windows and roof from Laura, but I had prepared those with towels. Didn't even leak despite all the rain. The kids and I did say a prayer of blessing for the house and sprinkled holy water before we left, so I thank the Lord for answered prayers. I hope everyone else has faired okay.

I left my house and stayed at my brother's outdoor kitchen last night because Laura knocked out power at home. We kept power at the kitchen throughout the night. I woke up and came back home to check things out since the Cleco outage map showed I was on the edge of an outage area. I figured the power was out. Nope, it never went out, not even enough to make the clocks reset. I had a few leaky spots around windows and roof from Laura, but I had prepared those with towels. Didn't even leak despite all the rain. The kids and I did say a prayer of blessing for the house and sprinkled holy water before we left, so I thank the Lord for answered prayers. I hope everyone else has faired okay.
Did you put a wreath of garlic around the door frame? You know just to cover all the bases. But I could, I’m glad to hear everything was hunky-dory

In Lafayette, I lost power at 7:30, back on by midnight.

Wife made very good decision 32 years ago. House we live in is in subdivision with all utilities underground, and we are on same grid with a hospital so when power does go out, we are first back up.

We were out 4-5 hours last night. Last time we were out for that long was with Andrew in 1992. And that was about the same amount of time.

And in NO we had the power go out like 6x in 2hours

So basically the only areas left capable of supporting a major hurricane in the gulf is from Tampa to Miami or perhaps a small area from Corpus to Brownsville. 2020 says hold my beer again. Long range models have been showing this storm bouncing around from Florida's West coast to a hit on the keys and Bahamas and still a long way off but it's still not "over".
1602509034618.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom