***TROPICAL ALERT*** TROPICAL STORM ETA (Late season tropical outlook discussion) (1 Viewer)

Ooh, look at that rain over Texas. We can sure use it.

At this point, I don't even want to see a wispy white cloud in the sky here in central Louisiana. I'm about 5 miles past the exit for wanting to get off the 2020 hurricane train.

have no idea what that land mass is supposed to be
It's the whole US and the gulf, not just Florida. Look right above the yellow in the storm and you can see Florida's panhandle. Go left and you can make out Louisiana. The northern part of the state isn't covered by weather at all.

Oh hell to the no!!!!!
If we get one more freaking hurricane this year, I'm selling my house and moving to Arizona.

Oh hell to the no!!!!!
If we get one more freaking hurricane this year, I'm selling my house and moving to Arizona.
I was thinking the Moon. No atmosphere, no hurricanes....right?

2020 says hold my beer again. Long range models have been showing this storm bouncing around from Florida's West coast to a hit on the keys and Bahamas and still a long way off but it's still not "over".
Is this the same system coming off of West Africa that they were showing last week as a yellow "chance for development" zone?

Is this the same system coming off of West Africa that they were showing last week as a yellow "chance for development" zone?
No, this is one developing from the gyre near central America, same place Delta formed.

No, this is one developing from the gyre near central America, same place Delta formed.
Since Weather Underground has no info on this gyre, I'll assume it dissipated.

No news about whatever was in the mid-Atlantic last week, either. Must not have developed.

Since Weather Underground has no info on this gyre, I'll assume it dissipated.

No news about whatever was in the mid-Atlantic last week, either. Must not have developed.
Quite the opposite. The models slowed it down a bit but they very much still have something developing from this gyre but it is still a little bit off.

Quite the opposite. The models slowed it down a bit but they very much still have something developing from this gyre but it is still a little bit off.

Very much? NOAA only has it at 20%

two_atl_5d0.png

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom