**TROPICAL ALERT** HURRICANE HERMINE DISCUSSION (was "Couple of tropical disturbances in the Atlantic") (1 Viewer)

I started this thread 3 days ago. Today is even too far out to make any type of assumptions. I was simply seeing some large scale patterns and some models all start to spit out some conditions that were favorable to a couple of waves. These may never develop or may never make landfall.

With that said, I still say the same thing that I did when I started this thread. I know many are not glued to the news and have no supplies because they just lost everything. Please do not forget that we are about to hit the peak of hurricane season and the conditions are becoming ripe.

99L has been the biggest concern for the gulf from the start though.

I don't hit the prayer button very often, but under the circumstances this one might be a good time for it. A landfall in the central Gulf coast would be so unfortunate right now.

Invest 99L - AccuWeather.com Forums

Here is a link to a post on a weather forum about this system. These guys know what they're talking about.

Not to imply people here don't, but many of these guys are experts.

How can you tell which posters are experts/mets versus amateurs on that board? I read a few pages and it looks like a lot of the same types of discussions I see on storm2k.org. Storm2k designates the pro-mets with a blue color username, and a lot of pro-mets post there. I like to filter the content by only reading pro-mets, especially for tropical discussions because those can quickly divulge into wobble-wars, wishcasting, etc.

Hermine? Really Harry Potter is getting named Hurricanes before me? Windgardium Leviosa *****es!

I started this thread 3 days ago. Today is even too far out to make any type of assumptions. I was simply seeing some large scale patterns and some models all start to spit out some conditions that were favorable to a couple of waves. These may never develop or may never make landfall.

With that said, I still say the same thing that I did when I started this thread. I know many are not glued to the news and have no supplies because they just lost everything. Please do not forget that we are about to hit the peak of hurricane season and the conditions are becoming ripe.

99L has been the biggest concern for the gulf from the start though.

Yeah, it's the first one I've really paid attention to, since South Florida would be in that path as well (of course, talk of paths at this point are a bit premature).

BTW, for those that care. This is the line up.

Alex
Bonnie
Colin
Danielle
Earl
Fiona
Gaston
Hermine
Ian
Julia
Karl
Lisa
Matthew
Nicole
Otto
Paula
Richard
Shary
Tobias
Virginie
Walter

I've been watching this system for several days. Appears to be slowly organizing itself. All eyes in the Gulf should be on alert. Models appear to be coming to agreement on this being a FL/Gulf storm. Just need to get a better feel on intensity at this point.

Setup is very similar to Katrina. A system that is likely to organize around the Bahamas, with a south FL landfall. Couple that with a building ridge pushing from the east Very similar situation.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom