***TROPICAL ALERT*** Hurricane Ida thread (9 Viewers)

Finally able to check in - after hearing the outages may be extended, I was able to borrow a small generator from a friend. Couldn’t find any gas, so hopefully it last for a bit. Just powering internet and a fan so I don’t go nuts. I had no real damage though, so I can’t complain.

I may still leave tomorrow, it looks like Houston has some pet friendly hotels that will take my Chase points. At least have to try to find gas tomorrow, car is down to 1/4 now, and nothing left for the generator.

Like 40 pages have been added - did anyone share any juicy inside information on power restoration in Gonzales? I’m behind the Wal-Mart and Rouses off Airline on the Gonzales side.

What got me was that despite what all the models were saying, they held that same track. They refused to budge from it. I'm happy the locals were honest in their broadcasting.
I thought all the eastern tracks were getting undue attention because a New Orleans storm is a more sensational story. Thought the NHC guidance would be more trustworthy— I remember the NHC doing well with all the major 2020 tracks once inside of 36 hours or so.

Is it known what made Ida do that weird S curve after coming ashore? That’s pretty durned rare, isn’t it? Normally they scoot around a high pressure swell and make a graceful smooth curve to the NW, N, and then NE.

I thought all the eastern tracks were getting undue attention because a New Orleans storm is a more sensational story. Thought the NHC guidance would be more trustworthy— I remember the NHC doing well with all the major 2020 tracks once inside of 36 hours or so.

Is it known what made Ida do that weird S curve after coming ashore? That’s pretty durned rare, isn’t it? Normally they scoot around a high pressure swell and make a graceful smooth curve to the NW, N, and then NE.
NO was always in the cone. They don't predict wobbles. The storm could be anywhere in the cone. It was.
Screenshot_20210830-235654_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hey guys sorry if it’s been covered because I can’t really load all the pages. Is there anywhere in town with gas? Water just went down enough that I can try to get out tomorrow

I heard JetGo on Magazine had gas today! Good luck man hope it goes well!

Finally able to check in - after hearing the outages may be extended, I was able to borrow a small generator from a friend. Couldn’t find any gas, so hopefully it last for a bit. Just powering internet and a fan so I don’t go nuts. I had no real damage though, so I can’t complain.

I may still leave tomorrow, it looks like Houston has some pet friendly hotels that will take my Chase points. At least have to try to find gas tomorrow, car is down to 1/4 now, and nothing left for the generator.

Like 40 pages have been added - did anyone share any juicy inside information on power restoration in Gonzales? I’m behind the Wal-Mart and Rouses off Airline on the Gonzales side.

A ton of trees down all around Prairieville, Gonzales, and St. Amant. If youre talking about the Rouses/Walmart on Germany Rd., yall are still without power. From the outage maps Entergy is working their way up Airline and out toward the surrounding areas.

Hopefully we'll transition to the recovery phase at my hospital and I can go check my house. Been locked in since 7 am Sunday and ready to sleep in my own bed.

It's going to be a crazy mixture of things this week. Here in Pearl River County, most places CAN take power and power is available so will be up and running within a day or 2. Coast Electric did a great job and will probably be going to help other areas as we get back online here (however, the roof of their building itself on Hwy. 11 is completely tarped). Didn't have a huge issue of downed poles.

Northshore, Slidell and East St. Tammany Parish will probably be like that next as it competes with Western St. Tammany power restoration efforts where it seems many areas won't be able to take power. Slidell has more poles down than the MS counties so that's more than 24 hour deal like it was for us.

The rest of the northshore western St. Tammany and beyond into Tangipahoa as it is north of LaPlace who we know got slammed, I'm not sure. Much more structure damage, many more poles down, etc.

Then you've got Orleans Parish which probably for the most part CAN take power but, well, we know the ordeal there with nonexistent infrastructure.

Jefferson Parish sort of seems completely FUBAR with the same loss of infrastructure but also more structure stability issues.

I’ve already showered. Woke up to more storms but as soon as I can see the roads I’m starting my adventure there. Had also heard the Texaco connect to Ban Mi Boys May have some.
Wow, you have water? At least that's something. Now I'm imagining you out there today like a character in The Walking Dead (a live one, not one of the dead ones)

Yea it’s the only thing we did have back here oddly enough.

Marsha does Slidell have power?
Last I heard last night, my inlaws do not (Lakeshore Village area near the twin spans bridge). Watching the news, some areas do (like if you're in the medical areas), but not everyone . So I'm just going to guess that they'll be like here in Picayune. We got back online here because we're a smaller community, but because Slidell is larger, it's just taking longer but they'll be mostly back online throughout the day. But that's all I got.

I saw gas yesterday at Tulane and Norman Francis (Jeff Davis Pkwy), and also at Orleans and Broad. Lines were terrible though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom