***TROPICAL ALERT*** Hurricane Ida thread (5 Viewers)

Power was back on at home for about four hours and change earlier today. Now it's back off :( Gotta prepare myself for getting reamed out when I get home.

I have noticed the online Entergy outage maps have been down most of the afternoon. Maybe it couldn't be helped, but it's a bad look.

EDIT: Hmmm ... outage map works on mobile (Safari on iPhone 6) but not on Chrome (latest version, Windows 10 laptop).

My only comment is next time you go to film flooding and rescues, go to Chalmette or Meraux or Violet. Everybody needs their story told right?
Only reason I didn't shoot flooding or water rescues in that area for Ida, there were none. I did shoot a boat on fire in Meraux that was knocked loose on the river during the storm and it was only about two blocks away from the store where I shot the looting. There were a ton of people around. Yes, a white dude with a drone driving a subaru with rows of light bars and giant red gas tanks on the back stands out as much as you would expect in Meraux. Everyone was really interested in what I was doing, wanted to see the view from the drone of the boat on fire and were very friendly. :shrug:

I'm far more concerned about being around really wealthy areas of the South due to aggressive policing. Search my Palm Springs, Fl story during Hurricane Dorian a few years ago for a perfect example.

As for our politicians. You are supposed to evacuate the nursing homes and the city before the storm not after the storm. This is not rocket science.

As much as I want to rip Entergy right now. Restoring power 10 days after a Cat 4 very close to 5 is damn good. Oh and they have suspended energy cut offs and late fees.
Thank you for saying this. I don't work for Entergy, and I still don't have power, but I'm getting really frustrated with all the vitriol directed at such a massively complicated coordinated effort to restore power after a catastrophic event. People think "I pay my bill, so I should have power!" Guess what, reality is much more complicated than that. I get the frustration, but everything that can be done is being done.

Thank you for saying this. I don't work for Entergy, and I still don't have power, but I'm getting really frustrated with all the vitriol directed at such a massively complicated coordinated effort to restore power after a catastrophic event. People think "I pay my bill, so I should have power!" Guess what, reality is much more complicated than that. I get the frustration, but everything that can be done is being done.

i worked at Entergy for 3 years....it's a miracle that we had any power in the first place

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom