***TROPICAL ALERT*** Hurricane Isaias (1 Viewer)

FL got lucky, but SC/NC is going to get the brunt of this thing. The northern side of the storm has a lot of activity. Good thing is that it isn't that strong, but it will likely intensify here soon.

Yep, these oceanside dwellers always get a lesson in 'storm surge' every time one of these storms comes to visit.
Even though their structures are still standing, they'll have a lot of cleanup work to make things look pretty again.

Yeah man, thanks. We've actually been in the mountains (Boone NC) for almost three weeks - heading back this afternoon (purely by coincidence). Got out of town after our move-out of the house.

Sounds like minor impact in Charleston, a TS passing offshore not any worse than some of the more mundane flood events the area experiences.

Got hit here. Three tornadoes in the area, but all of the F1 variety flipping motor/mobile homes and wrecking one dude's grill. We have a lot of downed trees in our neighborhood, and my wife spent the day fishing branches and leaves out of the pool :hihi:

Getting to work was an adventure. 40-50 mph gusts (68 in Salisbury) torrential downpours, and the wind broke off a 4-5 inch diameter branch from a tree in the median which landed like a javelin about 10 feet ahead of my car in the other lane.

Last edited:
Got hit here. Three tornadoes in the area, but all of the F1 variety flipping motor/mobile homes and wrecking one dude's grill. We have a lot of downed trees in our neighborhood, and my wife spent the day fishing branches and leaves out of the pool :hihi:

Getting to work was an adventure. 40-50 mph guts (68 in Salisbury) torrential downpours, and the wind broke off a 4-5 inch diameter branch from a tree in the median which landed like a javelin about 10 feet ahead of my car in the other lane.

Damn. Hope the clean up goes well.

You were right to be apprehensive!

Getting to work was an adventure. 40-50 mph guts (68 in Salisbury) torrential downpours, and the wind broke off a 4-5 inch diameter branch from a tree in the median which landed like a javelin about 10 feet ahead of my car in the other lane.

Glad you are ok, this reminds me of a joke told by a comedian who's name I can't remember. He said it's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing. That branch you narrowly avoided could have been a death sphere in higher winds.

Glad you are ok, this reminds me of a joke told by a comedian who's name I can't remember. He said it's not that the wind is blowing, it's what the wind is blowing. That branch you narrowly avoided could have been a death sphere in higher winds.
Ron White.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom