[2018] Hurricane Michael (1 Viewer)

Thanks Brah. I really appreciate it. But I’m one of the lucky ones. I have family here so I’m doing well. But if something comes up I’ll hit you up

Reason today about how again there is a huge lack of response from FEMA. Why on earth isn’t there a massive amount of basic supplies and a plan set to get this done quicker? I mean how hard can it be to plan emergency responses to major areas that will eventually get hit, and be ready for it? I know that plans cannot be set in stone and such, but I would think as a country we could do a heck of a lot better than we have done recently

Reason today about how again there is a huge lack of response from FEMA. Why on earth isn’t there a massive amount of basic supplies and a plan set to get this done quicker? I mean how hard can it be to plan emergency responses to major areas that will eventually get hit, and be ready for it? I know that plans cannot be set in stone and such, but I would think as a country we could do a heck of a lot better than we have done recently
They are also dealing with Florence in the Carolinas. They are streched thin

FEMA is a joke and giant ball off corruption.

It would be very easy to get supplies in to all areas in less than 48 hours.

They are also dealing with Florence in the Carolinas. They are streched thin

Maybe, but I don’t see where having basic supplies ready for two hurricane scenarios is that much of a reach. It’s not too much of an atypical year as far as hurricanes go. We need to do better

Wow. I was trying to watch the live stream but got in late as he was looking for a safe spot so it was down by then. Watched it a few days later. Just watched the aftermath. Was the aftermath during the eye? Is there a second surge when the bottom of the eyewall comes ashore? And most importantly, how is Brett (and his truck)?

Wow. I was trying to watch the live stream but got in late as he was looking for a safe spot so it was down by then. Watched it a few days later. Just watched the aftermath. Was the aftermath during the eye? Is there a second surge when the bottom of the eyewall comes ashore? And most importantly, how is Brett (and his truck)?
Brett's fine, his truck is a goner but thats not really a big deal.

The surge came in during the eye when the winds shifted to onshore flow. Luckily they stopped where they did or his odds of survival would have dropped substantially. About a mile West of his location was ground zero and everything was wiped clean.

Between 30 and 40 people remain unaccounted in Mexico Beach. The total number of unaccounted persons in the storm's impact zone in Florida is over 1,000. It's likely that the vast majority of those are safe but it is almost certain that the death toll will be increasing. So just tragic.

Rescue workers and volunteers searched for more than 1,000 people still missing in the Florida Panhandle and tens of thousands of residents remained without power on Tuesday after the area was devastated by Hurricane Michael last week.

At least 19 deaths in four states have been blamed on Michael which made landfall on Wednesday as one of the most powerful storms on record to hit the continental United States.

Volunteer rescue organization CrowdSource Rescue said its teams were trying to find 1,300 people still missing in the disaster zone in the Panhandle, according to Matthew Marchetti, co-founder of the Houston-based group.

About 30 to 40 people remained unaccounted for in Mexico Beach, according to a city councillor, Rex Putnal.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/10/16/in-florida-families-are-seeking-the-missing-amid-storm-damage.html

I have a ton of videos on my facebook page from Panama City and Mexico Beach including drone and helicopter footage. Mexico Beach is obliterated as bad as any storm damage I've ever seen. Also set up a couple Gofundme for a few people very well deserving if anyone wants to contribute.
https://www.facebook.com/wxchasing/

I have traveled through Mexico Beach in my motorhome several times the last few years. I was wanting to stop, but it is not that easy in a 41' motorhome plus the car. It was a very pretty little town right on the water and I hate to see it the way it is now. I was always hoping to find a RV park to stay for a while, but there were not any. I am sure there will not be any for a long time now.

I have a ton of videos on my facebook page from Panama City and Mexico Beach including drone and helicopter footage. Mexico Beach is obliterated as bad as any storm damage I've ever seen. Also set up a couple Gofundme for a few people very well deserving if anyone wants to contribute.
https://www.facebook.com/wxchasing/
Very impressive drone footage. I particularly like the low altitude video which is different from other drone video’s I’ve seen. Macro and micro. Well done.

The magnitude of the damage is incredible. An entire town; gone. Typically, hurricanes hit and cause damage which is more of an interrruption on a part of a city or area. Michael didn’t just interrupt; It shut the door on Mexico Beach. A place where thousands of people had lived and vacationed for generations. It will never be the same.

Last edited:
Very impressive drone footage. I particularly like the low altitude video which is different from other drone video’s I’ve seen. Macro and micro. Well done.

The magnitude of the damage is incredible. An entire town; gone. Typically, hurricanes hit and cause damage which is more of an interrruption on a part of a city or area. Michael didn’t just interrupt; It shut the door on Mexico Beach. A place where thousands of people had lived and vacationed for generations. It will never be the same.
Thank you. I have 256GB card full of drone video from the area. In total have over a TB of 4k footage. In the process of making my first documentary.

Yup, only thing I could compare it to was Waveland/Bay St. Louis area of the Ms Gulf Coast after Katrina. Katrina did more damage over a larger area but ground zero for both were pretty much the same, just nothing left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom