***TROPICAL ALERT*** Hurricane Sally (Tropical systems are going into 2020 mode) (1 Viewer)

Out of storm names. Now what?

There's 1 more name, Wilfred. Then it's on to the Greek alphabet. After the Greek alphabet it's on to hexadecimals. Let's hope we don't get to hex Hurricane DEAD.

St. Charles Parish was issued a mandatory evacuation order (Sunday) morning. Any St. Charles Parish locals in the house to comment on how many left the area?
Still wondering if any sizable contingent of St. Charles Parish residents evacuated in response to this mandatory order. It was probably within 6 hours of this evacuation order that areas as far west as St. Charles Parish were looking to be in the clear. I understand better safe than sorry ... Mother Nature rarely throws a fake that sudden.

Apparently 2020 has broken my ability to sense a joke.

It also didn't help that the last time I saw the track on TD21, it did look like it was headed for the Gulf. :covri:
Man, I feel you. It's what I was birching about at the beginning of this thread -- just seems like every storm has the upper Gulf Coast's name on it at some point.

Truth be told ... the upper Texas coastline is due about a decade free of storms coming ashore. They had a rough late 2010s.

Watching the future radar run on The Weather.com shows a bit of another East jog before landfall.

This concerns me.

Watching the future radar run on The Weather.com shows a bit of another East jog before landfall.

This concerns me.
10 AM CDT National Hurricane Center Track now has the eye going straight up Mobile Bay ... maybe a 10-to-12-mile push eastward from the previous track. With as slow as Sally's been going, it has more time to move further east -- its eye could end up as far east as the AL-FL line.

Why am I seeing lots of videos of people doing donuts in cars lately? This is the third I have seen in about a week.

There's 1 more name, Wilfred. Then it's on to the Greek alphabet. After the Greek alphabet it's on to hexadecimals. Let's hope we don't get to hex Hurricane DEAD.

No Xerxes?

Channel 6 is apparently reporting on puddles now and the reporter remarked that the water is really fluid right now. Sigh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom