***TROPICAL ALERT*** Hurricane Sally (Tropical systems are going into 2020 mode) (1 Viewer)

Why am I seeing lots of videos of people doing donuts in cars lately? This is the third I have seen in about a week.
I think it may be the effect of 2020 on our brain cells. :unsure:

NHC 1pm CDT Advisory:
Winds 80 mph
Pressure 982 mb
Moving 2mph NW
Apprx location 105 miles S of Mobile

NHC 1pm CDT Advisory:
Winds 80 mph
Pressure 982 mb
Moving 2mph NW
Apprx location 105 miles S of Mobile

I know the models and NHC track show that it will move N and then NE, but it sure seems to be slowly wandering NW more than the models and NHC track show that it should.

I know the models and NHC track show that it will move N and then NE, but it sure seems to be slowly wandering NW more than the models and NHC track show that it should.
I'm unsure why the NHC is still calling it NW movement -- if you zoom in close on the track, you can see that the eye moved due north from the 10 AM position.

Of course ... between the 7 AM and 10 AM positions, it moved due west :shrug: Maybe those two moves are averaged out?

Waiting for Sally to eventually get on skates and start moving. There's nothing out there to steer this thing? The last storm I can remember doing anything similar was 2017's Harvey doing that weird slo-mo loop NW of Victoria TX before returning to the Gulf (!).

My neighbor has his boat tied to his South facing fence. Not sure what he's going for?

Attachments

• 20200915_134404.jpg
    20200915_134404.jpg
    958 KB · Views: 24
This is really a strange storm.Should be a borderline cat 2 according to the pressure
Still wondering if proximity to land is accounting for some of this strangeness. It's also a really lopsided storm, which is not uncommon ... but still -- 100 miles west of the eye and the weather's nice and calm.

Still wondering if proximity to land is accounting for some of this strangeness. It's also a really lopsided storm, which is not uncommon ... but still -- 100 miles west of the eye and the weather's nice and calm.

We are finally getting some nice tropical rain in mid city.

We are finally getting some nice tropical rain in mid city.
It rained here (Gretna area) for several minutes starting about 20 minutes ago. It was a substantial rain, if not torrential.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom