***TROPICAL ALERT*** TROPICAL STORM ETA (Late season tropical outlook discussion) (2 Viewers)

What do you want Entergy to do? Do you have any remote idea, how they should handle getting electricity restored more quickly? Flip a magic switch? There is a lot that has to happen in order to restore power. Like resources. Eat your junk food. You’ll be fine.
Hopefully they fix it before the Saints game if we lose power.

What do you want Entergy to do? Do you have any remote idea, how they should handle getting electricity restored more quickly? Flip a magic switch? There is a lot that has to happen in order to restore power. Like resources. Eat your junk food. You’ll be fine.

Wow.. i dont think ive ever seen anyone defend Entergy in my life, ever... Not criticizing you for it, just saying that i think you just made history... Does this mean that someone will come along ‘white knighting’ the SWB soon?

What do you want Entergy to do? Do you have any remote idea, how they should handle getting electricity restored more quickly? Flip a magic switch?
Not a magic one, just the right one. It's easy.

So @guidomerkinsrules does this mean that Hurricane Zeta is sort of like a pirouette? Or would you define it as some other type of elegant, yet graceful movement?
well actually *adjusts leotard* we see this more in ice dancing - since ice provides little friction, the arms pulling in increase the speed (centripedal force)
for dancers in pirouette, with the friction of the floor, they need to lengthen vertically for stability - bringing the arms in does increase speed (minimally) but also increase wobble, which the lengthening counteracts

however, the dance move a cyclone most closely resembles is the fouette turn - on the plie, the dancer extends 'gesture' leg to the side and then pulls it back in as the 'standing' leg rises to releve (en pointe) to create the turn
this is using both centrifugal and centripedal forces - and is fairly self-sustaining until acted on by outside forces

I thought Zeta was in such a hurry because it was trying to get here before hurricane season was over. I was reminded hurricane season ends Nov. 30, not Oct. 30. Oops. Then I was also rudely reminded that while 2005 did indeed move into the Greek alphabet to Zeta, that it wasn't until DECEMBER that it got that far. Greeeaaaaatttttt.

well actually *adjusts leotard* we see this more in ice dancing - since ice provides little friction, the arms pulling in increase the speed (centripedal force)
for dancers in pirouette, with the friction of the floor, they need to lengthen vertically for stability - bringing the arms in does increase speed (minimally) but also increase wobble, which the lengthening counteracts
Ice dancing hasn't been exciting since Torvill & Dean. It's SO hard to tell who's doing good till you compare them to everyone else because there's seldom a fall. So I much prefer watching pairs. Or, you know, curling.

They are famously slow for post-storm repairs. Now they are covering for their slowness by saying 10 days. Multiply that by 2 or 3 times for an accurate measurement even though they will have help from 25 or so other states.

Eye should pass over us soon here. Those in Metairie and New Orleans, get you flyable stuff inside quick. This thing has some serious winds. In Galliano, about an hour and a half ahead of you guys. This is a real storm.

My Generac just kicked on. Charge your phones if you don't have a generator.

Near Hurricane force winds here right now, trust me I know winds.....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom