***TROPICAL ALERT*** TROPICAL STORM ETA (Late season tropical outlook discussion) (2 Viewers)

Covington pretty tame. We get some gusts but nothing substantial. Have gotten lots of rain.

Who here remembers Hurricane Georges? Did it direct hit NOLA? Is this going to be worse or about the same?

Who here remembers Hurricane Georges? Did it direct hit NOLA? Is this going to be worse or about the same?

George's clipped Nola.

And yeah I remember. Cooped up in Baton Rouge for 5 days same clothes with girlfriend. Yada Yada Yada we broke up a week later lol

I was just thinking the other day how much I miss Wide World of Sports. They showed some obscure sports.
One thing I need to clear up is it was dance moves not dance moms. My favorite thing they used to have was the QB challenge. I’m not sure if that’s the correct name of the show or not but it was the only competition the Saints and Archie Manning could consistently win.

I could post plenty about Georges. Short answer: I evacuated, but friends in NOLA that stayed behind partied outside during the storm.

Evacuations and sheltering for George’s was a running joke in the city for a while afterwards. It definitely played a part in the city’s pre-Katrina complacency.

Bobby Hebert’s Cajun Cannon restaurant in Metairie has kept normal hours tonight. Who the heck is going out to eat in this?

Although since the eye arrived about 6:00 pm in Gretna ... it looks like it’s all over? Is the back half that light?

No, it came ashore in Biloxi and immediately stalled. The eye passed directly over my house,and eventually started moving
due east. I was looking at sunny skies while cities to the east were getting pounded

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom