***TROPICAL ALERT*** TROPICAL STORM ETA (Late season tropical outlook discussion) (7 Viewers)

Pretty large eye. It was actually enjoyable to go outside and walk around in it. Cleared the storm drain of leaves in front of the house. But now the winds are kicking back up, so back inside to safety.

Worst is over by me in Chalmette. My parents in Meraux said they got some pretty fierce sustained winds. Their fence is down and their neighbor's chimney stack collapsed into their backyard. Nobody injured. Hopefully the damage overall is minor in the GNO area.

Power out at family home in Kenner. My 78yo father fell and mother too weak to help him up. Since luckily not injured, any emergency response will be delayed.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Fortunately conditions are improving, according to the WWL stream I'm watching, and hopefully someone can help them soon. If not, let me know. I have a cousin in Kenner; I know that she and her husband would go help out in a heartbeat.

Craziest storm I've ever experienced. I know being on the west side made a big difference, but this was the first time I was within 60 miles of a Cat 2 hurricane that made landfall at around 4pm... and by 5pm there was blue sky with sunlight shining in my window. I don't think we even had a gust over 30 mph. :unsure:
I guess they don't make Cat 2 storms like they used to.:confused2:

Got here about 10 minutes ago.

Mobile, AL weatherman Alan Sealls is the greatest weatherman of all time. We in the Mobile/Pensacola area are truly blessed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom