***TROPICAL ALERT*** TROPICAL STORM ETA (Late season tropical outlook discussion) (3 Viewers)

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Fortunately conditions are improving, according to the WWL stream I'm watching, and hopefully someone can help them soon. If not, let me know. I have a cousin in Kenner; I know that she and her husband would go help out in a heartbeat.
Thanks for the offer. He is fine, Sitting on a pillow leaning against the couch waiting for the TV to come back on.

We flickered many times but electricity never went out *knock wood* and wifi just came back up. No wind now, a little drizzle. Not sure if still in eye or not.

Well...............that was festive
Finally have 4G

weird they’re saying an eye hasn’t passed over NO since 47, bc I could have sworn I went through one in the mid 70s, but clearly that was my young imagination creating memories that did not happen

power station about 5 blocks down kept trying to reboot, threw some funky colors onto the very low clouds

sorry to read about the people dealing with more that no power and bad cell service- good luck

Nope, not over. Back wall just got here.

weird they’re saying an eye hasn’t passed over NO since 47, bc I could have sworn I went through one in the mid 70s, but clearly that was my young imagination creating memories that did not happen
How deceptive when they say "no direct hit". Because, clearly, a "near miss" doesn't mean no damage. Everybody always talked about Betsy, my husband thought it came directly up the river, but they said Betsy missed the city to the south.

Thanks for being here everyone. See you for the next one, Et[t]a James?

1603936131275.png

Last edited:
Guidomerkins, I remember an eye passing over Metairie in the late 70s. Probably wrong about that, but I’m gonna check later.

Well,this didnt age well. Zeta is 1mph short of a Cat 3.
I’ll admit it, but I’m still shocked and surprised at how fast and rapidly this MFer juiced up right before making landfall. There was still a large amount of dry air and enough sheer to keep this storm at around 90 mph or 95 mph while making landfall. Several WC forecasters even alluded this morning that the storm’s strength had peaked and the cooler water temps in northern Gulf supposedly would cool it off.

Either way, I hate when TS or minimal Hurricanes do these “ surprise” last second bullshirt routines of gaining a lot of strength 3-4 hours before landfall, like little, conniving bastages forking with people’s lives, homes, property and overall peace of minds. When a system does this shtick with New Orleans, the odds, implications, and the stakes become a lot more stark and graver due to New Orleans unique geography, precarious position when faced with hurricanes in general. A lot more serious ramifications are at play here then if a similar-typed storm were to hit Corpus Christi or Brownsville, TX. And no offense to posters on here from both these cities, but neither one of your cities are 20 feet below zero and your city’s topography isn’t shaped resembling an inverted fish bowl.

Last edited:
Most intense thing I've ever stayed through. The weather nerd in me kept me on the front porch, (wind coming in from the back of the house). We stayed in Marrero, about 10 houses down, a house lost the entire roof structure which went flying into the power lines, which promptly took out multiple poles down the street. I have no clue what my house is like and will have to wait until morning to go see. If I had actually thought Zeta was going to legit make a run at 3,which it will likely be retro graded, I would have left.

Being a weather nerd, and wannabe chaser, whose too scared to chase, but got chased this time, it was the most exciting and terrifing thing I've ever experienced.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom