***TROPICAL ALERT*** TROPICAL STORM ETA (Late season tropical outlook discussion) (1 Viewer)

It’s worth noting the next cold front (after this one) arrives Monday.
Chilly weather is here for awhile.
Blizzards in November?

Eta then Theta, no?

Yup. Omega is the last greek letter. I don't know off hand if storms use all of the greek letters.. I guess I could look. EDIT: Yup, they use em all..

1603999150521.png

Last edited:
The Midwest now naming storms. Billy rocking Oklahoma
Winter storms started getting named a number of years ago. Nothing new. Now if one should rock the south, from the GOM after the end of hurricane season, then what would they do? 👀

Hearing outages will last into the weekend in some places. Entergy needs to tighten up.
They have families and live in the area as well and quite a few are without power themselves. They cannot simply resolve their own power issues. People need to take a chill pill. Do people think, you can just amass a ton of resources and just send them out all over without having it organized so those resources are not working on top of one another? I have three friends out in the streets right now working it. Trust me, they don’t like not having power at their homes any less than anyone else that does not work for Entergy. RELAX!

And to be clear. I DO NOT HAVE POWER! AND I CANNOT ASK ONE OF MY ENTERGY LINEMEN FRIENDS TO COME AND RESTORE MY POWER!

They have families and live in the area as well and quite a few are without power themselves. They cannot simply resolve their own power issues. People need to take a chill pill. Do people think, you can just amass a ton of resources and just send them out all over without having it organized so those resources are not working on top of one another? I have three friends out in the streets right now working it. Trust me, they don’t like not having power at their homes any less than anyone else that does not work for Entergy. RELAX!

And to be clear. I DO NOT HAVE POWER! AND I CANNOT ASK ONE OF MY ENTERGY LINEMEN FRIENDS TO COME AND RESTORE MY POWER!
First of all, your attitude isn't very much appreciated on my end. Secondly, I was more refering to the infrastructure side on Entergy's part. There's no reason a storm like that one should have this many people without power and for as long as it's projected to be out. A power company in a major metropolitan area should have plenty resources to invest in their grid. And I'm an electrician myself dude. I know what it takes sometimes to get repairs done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom