***TROPICAL ALERT** Tropical Storm BARRY (previously 92L) (1 Viewer)

Super44

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Sticky Post
7/9, 11pm: ADDING LINKS/MAPS TO SUPER44's ORIGINAL POST.

I'll add more as they become available, and will sticky if needed ~primadox
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ORIGINAL POST:
According to the NHC, they have upped the percntage for tropical development to 40%. Of course there is, as typical this point, lots of divergent forecasts. Stay tuned, if you are planning a trip to anywhere along the NGOM, from the big bend of Florida, and west to the SELA area. This area currently appears to be the general area for any potential landfall of a developed system. Even if a TS or Hurricane does not form, the weather looks like it will be pretty crappy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

NHC PRODUCTS

NHC Home
Tropical Weather Outlook
potential Barry Public Advisory
potential Barry Forecast Discussion
US Watches & Warnings
NWS Local Products

Other links:
WWL Hurricane Central
Mike's Weather Page (lots of links and maps here)
College of DuPage (good site for model runs)
Tropics - wide view (from Hurricane Harbor) - click on the 5 day movie html5 link to animate.
NOAA - Local River Flood level predictions

CURRENT MAPS/FORECASTS/MODELS:

NHC projected track

NHC Projected Track with forecast wind arrival times

Tracking models (courtesy of tropicaltidbits.com)

SATELLITE PRODUCTS

(links to the following maps found at NOAA)
Visual

Infrared

Water Vapor

Radar

CURRENT MAPS/FORECASTS/MODELS:

Tracking models (courtesy of tropicaltidbits.com)

Last edited by a moderator:

wnelson

Who Dat Nation
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
All I see is insane rain from Lafayette to Hammond with Laplace, Norco, destrehan getting pummeled. Kenner, metry and Nola may "luck out"

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking at the radar, but I'm not seeing much in the way of rain surrounding this storm. Has it just not fired up yet? Seems like much ado about nothing to this point.

Dan in Lafayette

Official SR Curmudgeon
Staff member
Administrator
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Ward, thanks for posting these. They are much more informative than most weather outlets that present topics in 2-3 minute bursts between commercials. Our local meteorologist backed him up in that with the dry air influx from the NE and the most convection associated with the storm being on the SW side that this storm will more than likely be to the west side of the present models.

That is why I will more than likely be heading to Slidell tomorrow to visit Ziggy and family. With this storm having Lafayette in its crosshairs I am bugging out. Not because of the rain, but because the wind will probably knock out power and I like my AC.

Latest Euro rainfall prediction. Jesus I hope this doesnt verify for anyone.119001
I am just SW of that dark gray area. I am 25' elevation and drainage is very good. I should be OK.

I'm looking at the radar, but I'm not seeing much in the way of rain surrounding this storm. Has it just not fired up yet? Seems like much ado about nothing to this point.
I think most of the rain is out of radar range as it is presently on the SW and S side of Barry

Bill

Still Leaking Gold
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Barry may be the oddest tropical storm I have ever seen.
Considering the shape of it this morning, it looks like the algae blooms are scaring it away from the coastline. :hihi:
Weird indeed.

Last edited:

travelingsaintsfan

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
While driving in Mobile yesterday there were a lot of cars with Louisiana plates heading West and East. I guess some are running from and some are running back home from vacations. I have two neighbors that also have homes in Baton Rouge that left last night to head back to Louisiana to prepare.

We would gladly take some of that rain y'all have coming your way over here in Gulf Coast, Alabama.

Brown

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Northshore is breezy and light rain

Since this won’t be much of a wind event, and more of a rainmaker, it will be better to get a direct hit than be on the east side of Barry.

Last edited:

nolaswede

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Has the Euro model been the most accurate so far? Seems like it moved slightly west over night, wasn’t it supposed to hit right around Morgan city yesterday?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Twitter

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom