***TROPICAL ALERT** Tropical Storm BARRY (previously 92L) (1 Viewer)

Dude. Just no. You're honestly off the rails with this.

If it had been this lady in the photoshopped picture, would you have reacted the same way?

I would have. If your answer is no, perhaps it's you injecting some political concern where there is none. I don't know the backstory of the image with Anderson Cooper and I don't care to know. To me it's just another weather reporter after a sensational shot. And it's funny. (Florence was mentioned because it's the first thing that came up in a google search)

Regardless, I don't know if you're located along the gulf coast. If you are, I hope you and yours are safe from the weather.
Don't be so touchy.

So they're now forecasting that it won't reach hurricane strength. I'm assuming it's due to the dry air that's been pounding it.

235343_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Today's dry day should help New Orleans proper at least a little, I would think. Not sure if the water table got a chance to drop much -- or if it even matters with the pumping issues in the city.

So far, the West Bank suburbs are making out really well. Spidey sense is that Barry pretty much leaves metro N.O. alone, even while dropping just enough rain just fast enough to still cause problems in the usual low spots/"bad pumping" areas in town.

All I see is insane rain from Lafayette to Hammond with Laplace, Norco, destrehan getting pummeled. Kenner, metry and Nola may "luck out"

That looks like a Georgia O'Keefe painting

Yep I do see it but I always think of floating cow skulls when I think of her.

I assume you are talking about the canna lily painting. They are spectacular. The flowers look like crap normally but thru her vision they were great.

I'm looking at the radar, but I'm not seeing much in the way of rain surrounding this storm. Has it just not fired up yet? Seems like much ado about nothing to this point.

Ward, thanks for posting these. They are much more informative than most weather outlets that present topics in 2-3 minute bursts between commercials. Our local meteorologist backed him up in that with the dry air influx from the NE and the most convection associated with the storm being on the SW side that this storm will more than likely be to the west side of the present models.

That is why I will more than likely be heading to Slidell tomorrow to visit Ziggy and family. With this storm having Lafayette in its crosshairs I am bugging out. Not because of the rain, but because the wind will probably knock out power and I like my AC.

Latest Euro rainfall prediction. Jesus I hope this doesnt verify for anyone.119001

I am just SW of that dark gray area. I am 25' elevation and drainage is very good. I should be OK.

I'm looking at the radar, but I'm not seeing much in the way of rain surrounding this storm. Has it just not fired up yet? Seems like much ado about nothing to this point.

I think most of the rain is out of radar range as it is presently on the SW and S side of Barry

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom