***Tropical Alert*** Tropical Storm Imelda forms off of SE Texas coast (1 Viewer)

primadox

Hurricane Bear Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Houston TX, via Parsippany, NJ and New Orleans
From Jeff Lindner:

D 11 had been upgraded to TS Imelda
Freeport is currently reporting a sustained wind of 40mph gusting to 47mph. Heavy rainfall near the center of Imelda will be moving northward slowly into Brazoria County this afternoon and spreading in Galveston and Harris Counties this evening​
Jeff Lindner​
Director Hydrologic Operations Division/Meteorologist​
Harris County Flood Control District​
9900 Northwest Freeway | Houston, Texas 77092​

I'll try to add a couple more maps and links, but what we're really looking at is a big rain maker and flood threat for SE Texas, namely in areas that got hit hard from Harvey a couple of years ago. Hopefully Imelda moves on quickly and doesn't test our drainage systems. We've already seen bands of rain here in the NW part of the Houston metro area.

165909_key_messages_sm.png

165909_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

Please send some of that rain up this way. We really need it. Don't be hogs.

Pretty much any storm that rolls off Africa now will recurve out to sea. The Cape Verde season is pretty much over now. Our attention
now should be directed at the GOM and Western Carribean.

3 days ago, wunderground was showing less than an inch of rain over a 10 day stretch. The next day it predicted 5 inches in 4 days. Now it says 19 inches today.

We need some cold fronts. The Gulf is boiling.

agreed, but as long as those cold fronts don't stall in the gulf. That's a prime recipe for late season development. We need those cold fronts
to push past the keys before we can rest comfortably

From Brandon

New images from Beaumont:

Last edited:
40 to 80 percent chance later in the week in DFW. We need it. I'm sick of the heat.

Unfortunately, those chances have dropped as the remnants look to stay further east. Yesterday I got a nice downpour in Rockwall so there's that.

Yeah, like Chuck posted, my SE Texas friends say the flooding is getting bad. Saw a picture of Sams in Beaumont and it was flooded.

Yeah, like Chuck posted, my SE Texas friends say the flooding is getting bad. Saw a picture of Sams in Beaumont and it was flooded.

One area southwest of Beaumont is showing 42 inches. Wow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom