**TROPICAL UPDATE** Hurricane Matthew (updated maps and storm information in original post) (1 Viewer)

I just heard Brandon's interview on the Weather Channel and he mentioned that he is still waiting for the eye to make landfall in the Charleston area. He is currently in (what's left of) the eyewall of the storm.

I just heard Brandon's interview on the Weather Channel and he mentioned that he is still waiting for the eye to make landfall in the Charleston area. He is currently in (what's left of) the eyewall of the storm.
Is there a clip of his interview?

Is there a clip of his interview?

Not unless someone was recording the Weather Channel by chance. It is not likely that the WC will be replaying that brief interview since he was basically discussing the current conditions in the area around Charleston.

We're back home in Fort Lauderdale. Looks like nothing happened (which is what we were told). Just got out shutters down. Looks like we never lost power, so that's sweet.

Hope my friends in Northern Florida have a place to get back to. Worried about one of them, but she evacuated with her kids.

We're back home in Fort Lauderdale. Looks like nothing happened (which is what we were told). Just got out shutters down. Looks like we never lost power, so that's sweet.

Hope my friends in Northern Florida have a place to get back to. Worried about one of them, but she evacuated with her kids.

I have a good friend on the coast near Jupiter and he said damage was minimal.

I'm wondering about those low areas between Tybee GA and Hilton Head.

So I havent slept in 3 days, havent bathed in 4, havent even seen a toilet in those days. Been eating garbage and have this mixture of saltwater, flood water and diesel all over me but knowing I was going home to a hot shower, good meal and my bed made it all better. Then I crossed into Georgia.

So I havent slept in 3 days, havent bathed in 4, havent even seen a toilet in those days. Been eating garbage and have this mixture of saltwater, flood water and diesel all over me but knowing I was going home to a hot shower, good meal and my bed made it all better. Then I crossed into Georgia.

So you could smell Atlanta from the state line? :hihi:

Should have come to Norfolk.

How'd Norfolk fare?

I want to catch Norfolk on the next major ice storm. Dont ever really give much thought to flooding because i didnt think someething submerged in water could be flooded.

How'd Norfolk fare?

I want to catch Norfolk on the next major ice storm. Dont ever really give much thought to flooding because i didnt think someething submerged in water could be flooded.
Flooding and some trees down in various locations. But that happens here with a typical Nor'easter. Power is out in a few places, and ours is blinking intermittently.

How'd Norfolk fare?

Flooding and some trees down in various locations. But that happens here with a typical Nor'easter. Power is out in a few places, and ours is blinking intermittently.

You could hang out with me and watch this circus. Listening to pilots trying to dock ships with 65+ winds blowing off the pier then when making their approach realizing it wont end well can be entertaining.

You could hang out with me and watch this circus. Listening to pilots trying to dock ships with 65+ winds blowing off the pier then when making their approach realizing it wont end well can be entertaining.
Wouldn't be the worst night of my life. People driving boats badly at low speeds is one of the more entertaining things out there.

Especially if it's a highly compensated harbor pilot...

Wouldn't be the worst night of my life. People driving boats badly at low speeds is one of the more entertaining things out there.

Especially if it's a highly compensated harbor pilot...

It really is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom