Trouble in ATL? (1 Viewer)

Defsoundz

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Falcons’ Matt Ryan, Mike Smith should divorce

The Falcons have the pieces to be a championship team, but they cannot compose themselve and execute when things aren't going well. Is it Cryin' Ryan, Mike Smith, or the chemistry between them to blame?

Glad SP and Brees have ginuine respect for each other. Wonder if they will get it together.:jpshakehead:

The blogger that wrote this doesn't even know that the Falcons haven't played in the NFC West for about ten years now.

The writer may not know what division they play in but he's got the problem identified. I've witnessed that deer in the headlights look on Smith and Ryan when their game plan starts falling apart. They lack the confidence that they can overcome trying situations.

This would be the best divorce since Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries.:smilielol:

Mike Smith has the same problem that Jim Mora did back in the late 80's / early 90's. The team has all the talent to be a contender. However, his conservative nature gets him beat in most close game situations. Hence, a yearly early exit in the playoffs.

They have had no defense to show for it and in their playoff losses their offensive line completely collapses. Ryan is NOT to blame and neither is the playcalling of Smith. I hate the Falcons but lets be real. You can say Smith lacks the leadership to keep his team together and focused because you can see miscues at every level at the wrong times, but playcalling is not the most significant problem, it's blocking particularly in the passing game and defense altogether. But I understand in the playoffs when it comes to wins and losses the buck stops at the QB and the HC.

I have analyzed how there games usually turn out. They script there first 25 plays on OFF, with certain checks in certain situations. They usually have a lot of success in there first couple of series. Usually the 2nd half the OFF starts to sputter. They take a lot of shots vertically downfield, depend on a great catch by there two great receivers or pass interference. sprinkled in with some base run formations, and small play chart for Tony G. The coaching staff does a good job with initial game planning, but there in game adjustments, not so good. They do have a great vertical game. They usually play with a lead gets close in the 2nd half. Combine this with a middle of the road DEF, Not a play making DEF, but a middle of the road DEF that can get you off the field. You have a 10-6,, 11-5 Team. Thinking optimistically I see us with a similar record. So we will be battling with the falcons for the south title again next year. I think we will be neck and neck.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom