N/S Troubles in Carolina: Newton, Panthers struggling (1 Viewer)

Nolaboy1970

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Looks like the Panthers are in trouble. Cam is 1-9 in his last 10 games.
The Bucs devised the perfect game plan: stack the box, man up on CMC, and dare Cam to beat them deep. It worked perfectly. And you best believe other teams are going to follow suit.
Is Cam still dealing with injuries? Has he lost his confidence? Looks like Superman has finally come crashing back down to earth.
Check it out...

Last edited:
As big and strong as he was coming out of college he should've been a much better QB. Same with Winston. Just shows you how important it is to surround these guys with the right people early. If not you get a big dose of disappointment.

And the win in that 1-9 is against the Saints backups. Newton has gone 6 regular season games without throwing a TD pass.

As big and strong as he was coming out of college he should've been a much better QB. Same with Winston. Just shows you how important it is to surround these guys with the right people early. If not you get a big dose of disappointment.

Well, in the case of Scam, after multiple playoff berths, an MVP n a SB appearance, any disappointment would be bcuz he wasn't able to help get the job done while they're window was open. He's been surrounded by plenty of talent on both sides of the ball during much of his time in Charlotte n he was clearly good enough for that team for a good while

When it comes to Winston ur point is more applicable. But no matter anyone's opinion of him, his career is still young n he still has a chance to turn things around with the rite coaching. Perhaps Arians is that guy. We shall see

There was enough talent to win last night. If Cam hits on a couple of those easy throws.
Well, in the case of Scam, after multiple playoff berths, an MVP n a SB appearance, any disappointment would be bcuz he wasn't able to help get the job done while they're window was open. He's been surrounded by plenty of talent on both sides of the ball during much of his time in Charlotte n he was clearly good enough for that team for a good while

When it comes to Winston ur point is more applicable. But no matter anyone's opinion of him, his career is still young n he still has a chance to turn things around with the rite coaching. Perhaps Arians is that guy. We shall see
If Tampa could just settle Winston down and keep him from being so reckless, they'd have much more success. He can be a very good passer, but inevitably mixes in some inopportune interceptions.

Last edited:
What terrible call? Almost all of the questionable calls I saw favored the Panthers. :shrug:If anything, the Bucs should have put that game on ice a lot sooner.
Rivera's call on 4th down, that call.

Rivera's call on 4th down, that call.

Oh, lol, I thought you meant the official's calls. Yeah, that's on Norv Turner tho. With a big body like Cam, you gotta go with the QB sneak in that situation. Apparently, Riviera was about to say he didn't have confidence in Cam, which would have spoken volumes.

I should've been more specific....I was speaking more about coaching and leadership type guys and not talent on the field.

I'm reserving judgment on Carolina. They just played on Thursday in the rain against a team they don't know yet (the newly minted Arians' Bucs). They gave a good showing against LA. I agree that the oline is weak and they did not do anything to address it in the off-season, but each of the next six games is VERY manageable and I would think they would be 5-3 or 4-4 after eight and right back in the thick of things.

I'm reserving judgment on Carolina. They just played on Thursday in the rain against a team they don't know yet (the newly minted Arians' Bucs). They gave a good showing against LA. I agree that the oline is weak and they did not do anything to address it in the off-season, but each of the next six games is VERY manageable and I would think they would be 5-3 or 4-4 after eight and right back in the thick of things.

I suppose, but none of that will happen unless they get Cam on track. He doesn't look healthy. I don't know what's going on with him, but he hasn't done much of anything for them in a while.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom