True American Hero... (1 Viewer)

OldSaintFan

USM Golden Eagles
Reaction score
Saturday at 1:00 P.M., the people of Gautier, Ms. will bury a true American hero. Major Michal Green, who was 35 years old, was killed in Afganistan last week. He was a member of the Special Forces charged with disabling IED's and other bombs. While disabling an IED, it exploded and he lost his life. He previously trained soldiers to dismantle IED's at Camp Shelby. He stated that he didn't feel right in sending these young men into harms way while not going himself. So, he went to the Middle East but tragically, lost his life. He will be truly missed. My son went to school with him and I know his father, who went to school with me. So this hits very close to home. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.

Rest at ease Major Green.

table1_small.jpg

The Table; set for one, is small; symbolizing the frailty of one soldier alone against his enemies.
The Tablecloth
is white; symbolizing the purity of their intentions to respond to their country's call.
The Single Yellow Rose symbolizing remembrance, displayed in a vase, reminds us of the families and loved ones who keep the memories of our brothers alive.
The Red Ribbon tied prominently on the vase is a reminder of the blood shed to protect the liberty so cherished in our country.
The Bracelet worn upon the wrists of thousands, whose unyielding determination demands proper account for our missing.
The Bronze Star, a symbol of courage in the face of our enemy.
The Slice of Lemon, on the bread plate to remind us of their bitter fate.
The Salt upon the bread plate, symbolic of the families' tears.
The Glass on the table is empty because they are not here to toast with us.
The Chair is empty because they are not here.
The Candle reminds us of the ultimate sacrifice our fallen comrades and their families have made to preserve our precious freedom.

RIP, Major Green.

OldSaintFan, I just don't have the words to express how sorry I am to hear about the loss of Michal Green, your friend's loss and Mississippi's loss, and I thank you for sharing the news with us.

Sorry to hear/read such news. May he rest in peace. A true hero, indeed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom