True to form, Chappelle cancels Katrina-benefit Comic Relief appearance (1 Viewer)

gaminerie

...if you like saxophones
Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061114/ap_en_tv/comic_relief

i guess Chappelle's new trademark routine is going to be cancelling agreed-upon arrangements. like "No-Show Jones".

if you are retired, then man, retire. don't go round disappointing people.

The show marks the ninth major telecast of Comic Relief, a 20-year-old institution that held its last major event in 1998. Participating this year are
Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, George Lopez, and Sarah Silverman. Wayne Brady will host the show's satellite location in New Orleans. It will be broadcast live from Caesars Palace on HBO and, with an 8-second delay for content, on TBS.

Much of the proceeds will go toward building traditional "shotgun" houses in New Orleans' Holy Cross area in the devastated lower Ninth Ward. The narrow, rectangular houses can be built for about $145,000 each and sold to low-income families for about $110,000 by a local nonprofit group, Zmuda said.

"People have kind of forgotten. They say New Orleans is OK now. And it's not. It's ground zero," Zmuda said.

No worries. He can travel back in time in the Time-Hater Machine to redo it.

Maybe he'll even call everybody crackers. :shrug:

Holy smoke! It costs $145,000 to build a shotgun house? Are they using mahogany studs and titanium shingles?

That's what I was thinking, MLU. If they're all the same architecturally you should be able to pretty much build them at a factory and just assemble 'em on site.

Unless framers and carpenters are really raking in the dough in N.O. these days. Then I could see it. $45k for the house, $100k to put it up.

Sorry, but flame away... Dave could have had an emergency, reasons were UNKNOWN.. and untill otherwise stated how about flaming your own state and country for walking away from the people. What has Louisiana done???? Its sad it takes COMiCS to raise money when the local, state, and federal gov't should be doing a WAY BETTER JOB.

Sorry, but flame away... Dave could have had an emergency, reasons were UNKNOWN.. and untill otherwise stated how about flaming your own state and country for walking away from the people. What has Louisiana done???? Its sad it takes COMiCS to raise money when the local, state, and federal gov't should be doing a WAY BETTER JOB.

You're neglecting to mention the private insurance companies, just like the private insurance companies want us to.

i'm not waiting for anything from the government, fed state local or otherwise. Neither would a lot of other people be, if they hadn't been paid 10 cents on the dollar or less by the good hands at Allstate. i paid 100 cents on the dollar for my premiums, i know that.

My point in posting this article is that if the man can't make an engagement, he shouldn't plan one. Yeah he could have had an emergency. He could have been hit by a rocket from Mars or had appendicitis. He also could have had a contract dispute, which is no emergency.

If the comics want to do something nice for our community, then i am 100% for it. If anyone is waiting for the government to be shamed into action, all i can say is, life is long.

yea but the govts. are funnier

Holy smoke! It costs $145,000 to build a shotgun house? Are they using mahogany studs and titanium shingles?

Now you understand the cost of real estate down here.

By the way, they are going to have to rename the "Holy Cross Neighborhood" in New Orleans since Holy Cross will no longer be in that neighborhood.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom