Trufant tagged... (1 Viewer)

If the rumors about Philly shopping around Lito are true, then don't you know that the Iggles front office have got big grins from news of a couple of tags today :grumpy:

Samuels is going to get paid now .... with today's tagging looks like the Saints have to build through the draft or go after some tier 2 CBs in free agency

whats funny is the tag goes by the average of the top 5 players. if samuels gets paid big time then trufants salary goes up and thats even worse for the seahawks. nate + as...from oakland, trufant, samuels and champ bailey..... its going to get out of hand.

whats funny is the tag goes by the average of the top 5 players. if samuels gets paid big time then trufants salary goes up and thats even worse for the seahawks. nate + as...from oakland, trufant, samuels and champ bailey..... its going to get out of hand.

I'm not sure if this is true since I think Trufant got the non-exlusive tag. Someone can correct me but I think this means he gets the average based on '07 numbers.

Last edited:
The site says Rumor Mill maybe there is still hope.

Posted: 1 hours 17 minutes ago
Seahawks put franchise tag on Pro Bowl CB Trufant
NFL.com Wire Reports

The Seahawks slapped their franchise tag on cornerback Marcus Trufant on Wednesday, NFL Network's Adam Schefter is reporting.

The move allows the team to continue discussing a long-term contract. As the franchise player, his one-year contract would be worth $9.465 million.

Trufant, who played in the Pro Bowl earlier this month, finished the 2007 season, his fifth in league, with seven interceptions.

Last edited:
I think it's a 9 million dollar cap hit, but with Samuel I don't know if it will change or not.

Yeah....Samuel's contract is going to be unreal....a little more than he is worth...its either time to trade for Hall or Lito (if the Eagles will), and the price on that might get pretty steep too....

...or its time to put all efforts into signing C. Williams and going CB at 10 (or trading down and going CB) and then MLB in the 2nd. I like the last option...I'm sure the FO likes Manningham.

EDIT: That's what I get for starting at the bottom and going to the top....Williams got tagged...no more dream FA....:rant:

Last edited:
The offseason got a hole lot tighter with Trufant and Williams getting tagged.

Yeah, in hindsight, I do feel pretty dumb for actually thinking the Saints could land 1 or 2 of the most highly sought after FAs in a 32 team league.

Asante Samuel is a below average man cover corner. We do not want him for $80M+.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom