Trump’s Voter Fraud Example? A Troubled Tale With Bernhard Langer (1 Viewer)

Saintaholic

<><><><><><><><><><><>
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The witnesses described the story this way: Mr. Langer, a 59-year-old native of Bavaria, Germany — a winner of the Masters twice and of more than 100 events on major professional golf tours around the world — was standing in line at a polling place near his home in Florida on Election Day, the president explained, when an official informed Mr. Langer he would not be able to vote.

Ahead of and behind Mr. Langer were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote, Mr. Trump said, according to the staff members — but they were nonetheless permitted to cast provisional ballots. The president threw out the names of Latin American countries that the voters might have come from.

Mr. Langer, whom he described as a supporter, left feeling frustrated, according to a version of events later contradicted by a White House official.

The anecdote, the aides said, was greeted with silence, and Mr. Trump was prodded to change the subject by Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, and Senator John Cornyn, Republican of Texas.

Just one problem: Mr. Langer, who lives in Boca Raton, Fla., is a German citizen with permanent residence status in the United States who is, by law, barred from voting, according to Mr. Langer’s daughter Christina.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/25/us/politics/trump-bernhard-langer-voting-fraud.html?_r=0

RussTKD

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
The fact that Langer is German and white makes the story.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
&#8220;He is a citizen of Germany,&#8221; she said, when reached on her father&#8217;s cellphone. &#8220;He is not a friend of President Trump&#8217;s, and I don&#8217;t know why he would talk about him.&#8221;

She said her father was &#8220;very busy&#8221; and would not be able to answer any questions.

But a senior White House staff member, who was not at the Monday reception but has heard Mr. Trump tell the story, said Mr. Langer saw Mr. Trump in Florida during the Thanksgiving break and told him the story of a friend of Mr. Langer&#8217;s who had been blocked from voting.

Either way, the tale left its mark on Mr. Trump, who is known to act on anecdote, and on Wednesday redoubled his efforts to build a border wall and crack down on immigrants crossing the border from Mexico.

The story, the aide added, had made a big impression on Mr. Trump.
So the story originally was about a friend of Langer's but Trump figured he'd switch it to Langer because he's famous but didn't realize that he wasn't an American citizen with the right to vote.

Good job, Don. Waiting for the spin on this one.

Gotta love the part that Trump added about the two guys before and after Langer in line looking like "people who should not have the right to vote". I wonder what it was about these people that made him feel this way...any guesses?

egautr1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I just don't have words to describe the stupidity and ignorance that is coming out of this clowns mouth.

He retells a second-hand account of a guy being denied to vote, who is not a resident of this country and not allowed to vote, and says that some others in line who did vote shouldn't have been allowed to vote because they "looked like they came from another country".

So the president of the United States, says that if you don't look like you are from here you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

So my question is, who SHOULD be allowed to vote based on how they look? Is it just white people? Is it just Native Americans, as they are really the only people who are TRULY from here. Everyone else are just descendants of immigrants who eventually came here. So what are the requirements to be able to vote?? I hope I have the 'right look'!!!

This guy is soooo dangerous guys. He is trying to cast doubt on all of our democratic institutions. The voting process, the free media, the intelligence community, etc.
He is leading us down a very slippery slope that leads to autocracy. Sad!

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really the only issue he legitimately has is that the voter rolls aren't purged well enough when you move, so about 3-5 Million voters are double registered. However, almost all of them don't even bother trying to vote in both locations. the amount of voter issues an election are in the hundreds, out of tens of millions of voters. They seem to do a good job catching it.

But his legitimate gripe didn't cause any substantial, or even noticeable fraud.

TheMike62987

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
So the story originally was about a friend of Langer's but Trump figured he'd switch it to Langer because he's famous but didn't realize that he wasn't an American citizen with the right to vote.

Good job, Don. Waiting for the spin on this one.

Gotta love the part that Trump added about the two guys before and after Langer in line looking like "people who should not have the right to vote". I wonder what it was about these people that made him feel this way...any guesses?
Brown

RetroMcBananaFace

AKA: retrobanana
Reaction score
Wait a minute...they "didn't look like they should be able to vote"?

This is really dangerous and embarrassing. I'd like to believe it isn't true, but....

Galbreath34

Very Banned
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Upcoming tweet: "Bernhard Langer was always a lousy golfer and a terrible patriot. Abandoned his country. SAD!"

efil4stnias

Play at your own risk
Reaction score
I just don't have words to describe the stupidity and ignorance that is coming out of this clowns mouth.

He retells a second-hand account of a guy being denied to vote, who is not a resident of this country and not allowed to vote, and says that some others in line who did vote shouldn't have been allowed to vote because they "looked like they came from another country".

So the president of the United States, says that if you don't look like you are from here you shouldn't be allowed to vote.

So my question is, who SHOULD be allowed to vote based on how they look? Is it just white people? Is it just Native Americans, as they are really the only people who are TRULY from here. Everyone else are just descendants of immigrants who eventually came here. So what are the requirements to be able to vote?? I hope I have the 'right look'!!!

This guy is soooo dangerous guys. He is trying to cast doubt on all of our democratic institutions. The voting process, the free media, the intelligence community, etc.
He is leading us down a very slippery slope that leads to autocracy. Sad!

i think many are going to quietly start coming around to the conclusion that "oh #$#$, what is happening".

i think some, privately, already have. Wont say it publicly, but i BET in 8-10 months from now, ask a R who they voted for, they will abstain from answering or lie altogether.

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
i think many are going to quietly start coming around to the conclusion that "oh #$#$, what is happening".

i think some, privately, already have. Wont say it publicly, but i BET in 8-10 months from now, ask a R who they voted for, they will abstain from answering or lie altogether.
I'm not so sure. Many seem to eat this stuff up.

Shemp

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
"were voters who did not look as if they should be allowed to vote"

What the **** happened to this country?

Mr. Sparkle

Disrespectful to dirt
Reaction score
Trump is basically the 70 year old guy in my office that prints out all his Newsmax email forwards he gets from his card buddies.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
Really the only issue he legitimately has is that the voter rolls aren't purged well enough when you move, so about 3-5 Million voters are double registered. However, almost all of them don't even bother trying to vote in both locations. the amount of voter issues an election are in the hundreds, out of tens of millions of voters. They seem to do a good job catching it.

But his legitimate gripe didn't cause any substantial, or even noticeable fraud.
That's exactly it. The "Fraud" that is going to be "discovered" is that some people are registered in multiple states or that people who've died are still on the rolls and things like that. Awesome, the lists will be purged and the same amount of fraud will still exist (little to none).

All this investigation is going to uncover is the circumstances that could potentially be used to commit voter fraud, not any proof of "3-5 million illegals voting in California and New York."

The Secretaries of State have already verified the election results and said that there was no widespread voter fraud.

egautr1

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
That's exactly it. The "Fraud" that is going to be "discovered" is that some people are registered in multiple states or that people who've died are still on the rolls and things like that. Awesome, the lists will be purged and the same amount of fraud will still exist (little to none).

All this investigation is going to uncover is the circumstances that could potentially be used to commit voter fraud, not any proof of "3-5 million illegals voting in California and New York."

The Secretaries of State have already verified the election results and said that there was no widespread voter fraud.
You are correct. But unfortunately our new fearless leader doesn't seem to understand basic facts, logic, and reason.

His statement of "I would have won the popular vote if you take away the 3-5 million votes that were cast illegally" is so absurd it's comical.

We could classify everything with that condition.

"Well, LSU would have won the basketball game last night if you take away all the 3-pointers that FL made."

"I would have more money in my bank account if you take away all those taxes I have to pay."

"The Nazis would have won WWII if you took away all the planes from the Allies."

What the Fork! is this guy talking about??!!! Everything would be different if you changed something about it! ughhhhhhhh.......

The scary part is in his interview last night on ABC, he said:
"In my opinion there was massive voter fraud, and millions agree with me."

So, no one needs any facts or data to back anything up anymore? Just as long as he states his opinion and some others agree with him, it's now accepted??? What is going on......??

So we can just all state our opinions and as long as someone else agrees it becomes true.

"In my opinion, Nickleback is the greatest band of all time, and others agree with me, so it must be true!!"

"In my opinion, the Sun revolves around the earth and others agree with me, so it must be true."

Sigh.......:aargh2:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom