Trump bans Transgenders from serving in Military (1 Viewer)

Heathen Saint

#Sanders2020
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
After consultation with my Generals and military experts, please be advised that the United States Government will not accept or allow...Transgender individuals to serve in any capacity in the U.S. Military," Trump tweeted.

"Our military must be focused on decisive and overwhelming...victory and cannot be burdened with the tremendous medical costs and disruption that transgender in the military would entail. Thank you"

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/07/26/trump-no-transgender-individuals-military/511858001/

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
What an utter boob.

How is any of that specific to a transgender person?

We gotta start forcing Old White Males into early retirement because of the tremendous medical costs that come with being old and the disruption that old, sick, white men in the military would entail.

This president is quite literally a walking, talking piece of ****.

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
It’s unclear how the announcement will affect the estimated 6,000 transgender troops now serving. Under the policy announced in July 2016, those troops were allowed to serve openly. Prior to that the military discharged them for medical reasons.

It's also unclear whether a series of tweets constitute a presidential directive, and whether Trump must sign documents to make the new policy effective.

Under Trump and Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, the Pentagon delayed implementation of a key portion of the plan: requiring the services to being accepting and recruiting new officers and enlisted troops. The Army, Air Force and Marine Corps requested more time to implement the policy, saying they needed time to study the effects of accepting transgender troops.

However, the Pentagon commissioned a report last year by the non-partisan RAND Corp. on transgender troops. Their research found that treating transgender troops would cost as much as $8 million per year and have a negligible effect on the military’s readiness to fight.

Last month, the Army had begun compulsory transgender sensitivity training for soldiers and civilian employees.
$8,000,000 / year for 6000 troops.

8000000/6000 = $1333.33/year per troop. Sign me up for that health plan.

insidejob

Respect existence or expect resistance.
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
$8,000,000 / year for 6000 troops.

8000000/6000 = $1333.33/year per troop. Sign me up for that health plan.
I wonder what the cost would be to serve 6000 "regular" troops. I'd bet the price tag is pretty close.

buzd

party lamp
Staff member
Tech-Admin
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To be clear: Trump is banning transgender Americans from the military b/c he wants to force liberals to &quot;take full ownership of the issue.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/mdUppZITHJ">https://t.co/mdUppZITHJ</a></p>&mdash; Caroline O. (@RVAwonk) <a href="https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/890207529061539840">July 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Saint_Ward

The Great Eye is ever Watchful
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">To be clear: Trump is banning transgender Americans from the military b/c he wants to force liberals to &quot;take full ownership of the issue.&quot; <a href="https://t.co/mdUppZITHJ">https://t.co/mdUppZITHJ</a></p>&mdash; Caroline O. (@RVAwonk) <a href="https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/890207529061539840">July 26, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
They did. They allowed them in.

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
What happens to the solider who reported for duty this morning, only to have the CiC kick them out of the military on twitter?

What happens now? Did trump even think it through?

OP
OP
Heathen Saint

Heathen Saint

#Sanders2020
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
The far right is fist pumping this morning. Anything other than binary is a "mental illness" to them. I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say if they had a way to bring the gay marriage issue back to the states, they would.

Superfuzz

Displaced Cajun
Reaction score
This is something welcomed by the overwhelming majority of the DoD. Most civilians do not understand how unpopular this forced social engineering/experimentation was in the military.

That said...its clear now, this is why Sec Mattis extended (by 6 months) the implementation period for the Service Chiefs. This was in the works for some time (amazing there were no leaks), but they picked today to execute. Why today?

WhoDatPhan78

Definitely not part of the deep state.
Reaction score
This is something welcomed by the overwhelming majority of the DoD. Most civilians do not understand how unpopular this forced social engineering/experimentation was in the military.

That said...its clear now, this is why Sec Mattis extended (by 6 months) the implementation period for the Service Chiefs. This was in the works for some time (amazing there were no leaks), but they picked today to execute. Why today?

That's tough.

I don't care what the DoD, or even active duty soldiers think about it. They aren't paid to think.

I'm sure white soldiers didn't like racial integration at first. Tough ****.

Superfuzz

Displaced Cajun
Reaction score
What happens to the solider who reported for duty this morning, only to have the CiC kick them out of the military on twitter?

What happens now? Did trump even think it through?
Even though I just retired I still work with the DoD as a civilian. I was just talking about this with a couple of my peers. Are these troops allowed to serve out the rest of their enlistment? What if they're Officers/Warrants...are they given a separation/drop-dead date? What's the process? What's the plan? (Unless the Services have quietly been crafting an exit plan for the past 6 months or so.) One thing is sure, its unlikely to happen quickly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Optimus Prime Everything Else Board 79

Twitter

Headlines

Saints Headlines (Official Site)

Top Bottom